Any "in the clear" HD Networks, HD feeds, HD Sports out there??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Now that I am back on the CBAND wagon for the first time in a while, where can I look for the following, in HD format (Mpeg2/4)

- HD Wildfeeds
- HD Backhauls
- HD Sports
- HD Networks (with Primetime and Late night programming)
- HD what ever channel besides PBS

I do have an HD FTA receiver in hand

hmm...lets see...just off the top of my head

networks
ABC & My Network on G16 (99W)
NBC & FOX...nada....they have their own weird encryption

HD on KU is just PBS 24/7

All the other feeds come and go all the time. There really is no rhyme or reason as to where they are found. They usually are on
AMC15 (105)
G17 (91)
H2 (74)
AMC6 (72)

OK, gotcha.

So at 105w TP 3780H marked as DVB-S2 (NBC HD) not viewable with most standalone FTA units correct?

yep pretty much.

Many thanks, I guess I will be moving my FS6D getto style alot this week to see what I can find. Luckily I have the 621-2 mounted.

Don't know about the 621-2's internal Diseqc on it, if its reliable or not. Might just go with external one just in case.

correct. Alot of HD feeds are on KU band though

regarding the dvb-s2 stuff.. are you sure that isn't the only thing stopping FTA's from getting them (dvb-S2 is relatively new and I don't know any FTA that supports the -s2 format)

noticed a crapload of dvb-s2 HD stuff on lyngsat that do not have any encryption listed...

Many thanks, I guess I will be moving my FS6D getto style alot this week to see what I can find. Luckily I have the 621-2 mounted.

Don't know about the 621-2's internal Diseqc on it, if its reliable or not. Might just go with external one just in case.

ummm.. it isn't a diseqc is it?? thought they used a 22khz tone switch...

I opted for the 621-1 it is 4dtv compatible on the KU side (Single 10750 lof instead of the dual 9750/10600 on the 621-2)

anyway played with it some with an FTA and both c and ku band work really well with my 7.5 foot dish...
now just looking for a vbox V so I can move the dish via diseqc...

the bsc621 uses a 22k to switch between c & ku ( internal )
the bsc621-2 uses a diesqc to switch between c & ku (internal) this is because the universal uses the 22k

anyway played with it some with an FTA and both c and ku band work really well with my 7.5 foot dish...
I also seem to get a better signal with the bsc621 on my 7 1/2 ft dish than i do on my 10 ft dish

Now that I am back on the CBAND wagon for the first time in a while, where can I look for the following, in HD format (Mpeg2/4)

- HD Wildfeeds
- HD Backhauls
- HD Sports
- HD Networks (with Primetime and Late night programming)
- HD what ever channel besides PBS

I do have an HD FTA receiver in hand

As said above things come and go, and what's there today might not be there tomorrow, however contrary to what has been said above, all 4 major networks are available in HD 24/7 on Ku if you have the right receiver and LNBFs, you just have to know where to find them, and no, I won't say where, and I don't claim to know where they all are, just a few. The direct from network things are getting harder to tune, most are on C-band, and many use modes most of us can't get, but in general there is lots of HD up there in all the categories you mention, on both C and Ku. Ie networks, sports, wildfeeds, although backhauls like we used to see are rare, but there are some. More and more though, they are going to DVB-S2 and MPEG-4, and some feeds are using parameters that some of the DVB-S2 can't tune or play, so it's a constant fight to try to keep up with them.

Last edited:
As said above things come and go, and what's there today might not be there tomorrow, however contrary to what has been said above, all 4 major networks are available in HD 24/7 on Ku if you have the right receiver and LNBFs, you just have to know where to find them, and no, I won't say where, and I don't claim to know where they all are, just a few. The direct from network things are getting harder to tune, most are on C-band, and many use modes most of us can't get, but in general there is lots of HD up there in all the categories you mention, on both C and Ku. Ie networks, sports, wildfeeds, although backhauls like we used to see are rare, but there are some. More and more though, they are going to DVB-S2 and MPEG-4, and some feeds are using parameters that some of the DVB-S2 can't tune or play, so it's a constant fight to try to keep up with them.

Thanks for the 411, I'll see what I can find in HD.. should be fun.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)