Any Indoor Antenna Recommendations?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Elektrobot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I am helping my dad setup his new Hitachi plasma, that has a HD tuner built in- and their TW cable service really sucks- very few HD channels. I am hoping to help him get 3 OTA HD channels- but I only have one day left in my visit- and mounting an outdoor antenna is just not feasible right now. Are there any indoor antennas that anyone has had good luck with? AntennaWeb says all the stations are UHF, and from 5-20 miles away, in all different directions. I have tried to do a channel scan with no antenna hooked up- and get nothing (didn't really expect to).

The local stores here are the norm for a small area- Kmart, Walmart, HH Gregg, Circuit City, Sears and Radio Shack. Hopefully one of these places will have something that will work.

Thanks for any info, or suggestions.

Put it in the attic.

I would really like to, but its a 2 story house with no inside access to the attic- Its a very tall house- and in the 20 some years that they have been here- nobody has ever been in the attic. Don't have a ladder to get up there or anything-

I have also considered putting it on the garage roof, and running a line over- but the exterior construction is concrete block with clay brick exterior, and I don't have any tools with me to get through it.

It's pretty much the least friendly house for a project like this-

I have also considered putting it on the garage roof, and running a line over- but the exterior construction is concrete block with clay brick exterior, and I don't have any tools with me to get through it.

I have my antenna on top of our brick house mounted to the chimney with a strap. A setup like that shouldn't be too hard to put up if you have a ladder and a chimney. I think they sell straps at hardware box stores like lowe or home depot, but don't know for sure since this strap was here when we moved in. Darn guy that lived here before us took his antenna. He shouldn't have done that since it was "attached" at the time we looked at the house. Luckily, my mother-in-law only uses cable so she gave us her ota antenna. The strap was already on the chimney.

Zenith makes one (Silver Sensor ZHDTV1)that I currently use and I tried several it was by far the best that worked for me. I live in Columbus and I hit between 85 and 100 on every channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)