Any installer close enough to choctaw Co Alabama to do an upgrade to 1000.2

tigershere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I just don't trust who DISH sends me

I want to keep the side dish thats pointed at 61.5 so I would be pointed at the 4 birds

My LNBs are going out on the DISH 500 so I might as well get on 129 so I can get that sports HD channel thats not mirrored on 61.5. I read here enough that I should/could get this paid for by DISH ( and i can tip the person myself )
The LNBs for 110 and 119 are drifting at around 6.5 to 7.5 given the time of the day. Then add the fact I need 129 now to get that Sports south channal.
I talked to a tech about 6 weeks ago and they were all set to do this for free but I held off on the appointment as I was not sure what all I wanted to do.

Anyone close enough to Butler, AL ?

It's already wired so it seems to be a easy swap. LNB pro for the 61.5 and the 1000.2 is needed if I am reading these posts correctly.

If I was not wheelchair bound I could do this myself and if a frog had wings.......

Tiger

thks, I just hope I don't get someone that's clueless. My sister went through 3 installers or was it four before she got one that knew what they were doing. She blamed me of course as I got her to switch to DISH.

I had one real bad one and one real good one. The one that wired the current setup was very good but he moved. He hid the wires well and redid what the original installer had done with wires nailed across the roof edges and across the porch, lol. It was so ugly

But that's all set but I just need DISH swapped and that switch and whatever else might be in need of checking.

again, thanks and I was born in B'ham but it's been a long time since I have driven through that area.

Tiger

Satellites Unlimited from Meridian

There is a man that lives in Sweet Water, Al that is pretty good and he works for Satellites Unlimited out of meridian. I don't know his name but he is good.

Oh thanks
he drives literally past my house every day to work then

I assume he goes through Butler but if not he can easily take that route

I called the office and caught someone and the guys name is Rob and they even have another guy that lives closer in Dixon mills so I have two guys that drive by here.
Anyways, the manager or whoever I just talked to said call DISH and get a work order and they would do it.
I had people from demopolis come here twice as has my sister and those were my 'bad experiences' I just prefer picking my service people as best as possible.

I told him my set up and he knew right away what i needed and what i was looking for in the upgrade. He thought keeping the 61.5 was also a good idea

Thanks!

Tiger

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts