Any issues buying receivers with D?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dspindler

Original poster
Mar 20, 2008
I have recently fulfilled my 2 year agreement with D (HURRAY) and I"d like to save some money. I've seen some receivers on Ebay that ai think I can buy for about 50 bucks with shipping. I have three leased units that I want to send back to D and replace them with purchased units of my own. I've seen some posts that state I'd still have to pay the $4.99 per extra receiver....is that true? Could I buy an extra DVR without having to notifty D and paying an extra $9.99 for the new DVR? I appreciate any learned replies.:usa

I say don't do it; there is always going to be something you missed or failed to ask and I would bet good money you still will not own anything at that price. If you attempt and go wrong be ready to NOT blame the DBS company over it.

With a leased receiver, you pay $4.99 for each after the first (leased fee). With an owned receiver, you pay $4.99 for each after the first (additional receiver fee). The $5.99 DVR fee is once per account. After doing the math, it looks like you would be out $50 by owning.

dang it

So they get the $4.99 per receiver either way huh? I'm coming to the end of my agreement as I said earlier. From what you guys know, do they tend to throw in enticements to people like me to keep me as a customer? For example, free movie channels for 6 months or somthing similiar? I know it can't hurt to ask, but is there a precedent for that?

So they get the $4.99 per receiver either way huh? I'm coming to the end of my agreement as I said earlier. From what you guys know, do they tend to throw in enticements to people like me to keep me as a customer? For example, free movie channels for 6 months or somthing similiar? I know it can't hurt to ask, but is there a precedent for that?
It costs either DISH or Directv money to aquire you as a new customer, in most cases by the time you complete your contract they haven't realized a profit from you as a customer so they are interested in keeping you as a customer but why should they invest more money in you as a discount? You will stay as a customer because you are satisfied with programming and service or they will lose you without investing more money in you without realizing a profit.:):):)

be carefull buying used receivers on ebay. I bought one only to find out D* would not activate it because the previous owner had not paid their bill. Had a heck of a time getting my money back,

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts