Any ITVN/XTV news?

jgantert

jgantert

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 7, 2004
1,903
0
Aberdeen, MD
Seems like not much new from ITVN/XTV. The schedule is the same movies over and over. Any idea if they plan to get any new content? Or are they going to go the way of Voom...

-John
 
P

philhu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
1,215
0
Cold Boston Area
I know

Now it is JUNE


And the screens still show things coming in MARCH

I think, between old content, repeat content and the BUFFER problems everyone is reporting, and FabianC is not responding to, they should at least, refund a month or two until they get the new stuff working.

I've stayed an extra 3 months now due to promises on the screens for new channels and 'promises' told to Satelliteguys here by ITVN
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
Same here. I stayed and stayed to the wife's dismay. We loved it for the first few months but then nothing new. The service as it is now, is worth maybe $12 - $15 / mo at most.
 
jgantert

jgantert

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 7, 2004
1,903
0
Aberdeen, MD
No buffer problems with FIOS. I did have issues with Comcast, but its likely they were dropping packets.

I still like the service, but way too many repeats. Still only one LiveTV channel (MAV TV -- but I'll get this channel with my FIOS TV).

-John
 
FabianC

FabianC

ITVN / XTV Guy
Sep 26, 2005
54
0
Hey Sat Guys ...

I apologize for not keeping up on the boards. As many of you already know from Sat Expo we're working on expanding our entertainment package to include a wide selection of programming. Back in February we announced Pulse, the first IPTV music video network. If everything goes as planned, you may see the official beta launch as early as tonight! Keep your eyes peeled ;)

More news soon!


Scott, if you catch this post, shoot me an email. I have something I want to show you. :D
 
jgantert

jgantert

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 7, 2004
1,903
0
Aberdeen, MD
Looks like I will be cancelling my subscription. Just no new content... same movies/shows over and over again. Seems like the same problem Voom had when it first went to Dish.

Hopefully they will add new content in the future, as I really did like the service. It works great with FIOS (no buffering or server unavailable issues).

-John
 
P

patrickpiteo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 2, 2004
484
0
jgantert said:
Looks like I will be cancelling my subscription. Just no new content... same movies/shows over and over again. Seems like the same problem Voom had when it first went to Dish.

Hopefully they will add new content in the future, as I really did like the service. It works great with FIOS (no buffering or server unavailable issues).

-John
They should lower the monthly cost since they keep showing the same stuff over and over..
 
P

philhu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
1,215
0
Cold Boston Area
FabianC said:
Hey Sat Guys ...

I apologize for not keeping up on the boards. As many of you already know from Sat Expo we're working on expanding our entertainment package to include a wide selection of programming. Back in February we announced Pulse, the first IPTV music video network. If everything goes as planned, you may see the official beta launch as early as tonight! Keep your eyes peeled ;)

More news soon!


Scott, if you catch this post, shoot me an email. I have something I want to show you. :D

Did this happen? Or is it more vaporware? The post was from 6/2/2006
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
101,079
21,236
Newington, CT
While I have noticed some new Adult Channel names none of the new features are here yet. I really want the music video channel and the karaoke function. I could care less about Starz.

So where is this update?? My screen still says coming March 2006. :(

An update PLEASE Fabian.
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
Scott , you still have your box? I thought you might have given up like many of us. My wife was asking if we were going to get it back WOW! NICE! but the cost vs the use/offeringsis still way out of whack to me. Are you thinking that now too?
 
jgantert

jgantert

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 7, 2004
1,903
0
Aberdeen, MD
Yeah, I turned mine back as well. They really need to expand their content. I was looking forward to some more LiveTV channels, as well as the music channels. Who knows when/if they will show up.

-John
 
Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
101,079
21,236
Newington, CT
charper1 said:
Scott , you still have your box? I thought you might have given up like many of us. My wife was asking if we were going to get it back WOW! NICE! but the cost vs the use/offeringsis still way out of whack to me. Are you thinking that now too?
If I spent all my time watching porn it would be a great service. But honestly I havent turned it on in months. And I only turned it on to see if the update was available.

I am told they just added 800 new movies to the adult side of things, but again I really dont care about the porn. I want the music videos and karaoke feature.
 
S

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 31, 2004
327
0
ohio
yep thats the exact reason i cancelled my subscription, no new movies since i became a member in december, buffering problems, live tv still has the mave channel which has never been updated, still says march for radio, and pulse coming soon, its not work 29.95 a month for same ole movies
 
P

philhu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
1,215
0
Cold Boston Area
Yep I only watch it for 10 minutes or so at a time. :)

So I will be cancelling it this weekend. I was really hoping FabianC would chime in since he promised an update/firmare etc almost a month ago. They really should have a news page on the service.
 
drdcpa

drdcpa

New Member
Aug 4, 2005
2
0
Hey Guys...

I had XTV since last October; however, never watched it alot. I cancelled as of July 7th....tired of waiting on promises which may or maynot come true. If they get their act together, I will join back up. That is, as long as they enhance their communication skills also.
 
jgantert

jgantert

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 7, 2004
1,903
0
Aberdeen, MD
drdcpa said:
That is, as long as they enhance their communication skills also.
Yeah, I never got a bill from them. Just magically every month, I saw the charge on my credit card.

-John
 

Similar threads

S
Replies
3
Views
3K
navychop
navychop
Scott Greczkowski
Replies
3
Views
5K
Scott Greczkowski
Scott Greczkowski
G
Replies
13
Views
3K
navychop
navychop
I
Replies
1
Views
2K
jokeworm
jokeworm
B
Replies
1
Views
1K
jokeworm
jokeworm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top