Is the Roku stick any good?

Spend a little more and get a roku 2 (4210) which is basically a 3. The difference is night and day. Just make sure you get a 4210 the 2700 are slow. check out craigslist..

Reactions: andy_horton
Roku 1 very slow and you need line of sight for the remote.

The Stick is better but the speed is like the older Roku 2.

The new Roku 2 speed is like the older Roku 3, very quick and you can hook a Ethernet cable to it if you have iffy wifi.

Last edited:
Reactions: andy_horton
I have a stick, a Roku 3 and a Roku ready Tv. I don't really notice a difference and the stick is connected to the TV I watch the most often.

I have Roku 3 and had a Roku stick and the and the Roku Stick back during summer time didn't work as well couldn't stay connected and then broke and called store here Best Buy and they said return it we will replace it with new one and I asked it to be replaced with Roku 3 and pay difference they said ok

We have a 1 and 3 of the sticks, the sticks are better IMO. the 1 won't do profiles on Netflix but the sticks do. Only drawback to them is I can't use my Logitech Harmony remote to control a stick since they are RF. But that is what the app is for on the ipad or phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts