Any Must Have's on Tuesday?

For one, I am not concerned about 2K DI's vs 4K DI's. Second, I take some of these UHD reviews with a grain of salt, especially the ones that are watching on FP's. Many of the display devices, even the '16 models, have issues with HDR and WCG so the review can be skewed. The guy that reviewed that doesnt even list his gear as far as I can tell, so is it properly calibrated? Ill see what Ralph Potts says.

The new turtles is a good example, 2K DI but an obvious better image than the blu-ray version. Ya just never know.

To add to that, UHD pricing is within $5 or so of Blu, so if I am gonna buy I am gonna get the UHD version anyways. Even if it only means the image might be a little more sharp, because I am stripping out HDR now anyways.

Last edited:
Both are up converts from 2K and Blu-Ray.com gave a bad review to Warcraft, said the BR looks better.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Warcraft-4K-Blu-ray/154622/#Review

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

FYI, the guy Martin that reviewed Warcraft poorly, also only gave the UHD TMNT 2 3.5 stars. He is either blind or his setup is garbage because I just watched it, so I wont be trusting his reviews.

Ralph Potts over at AVS made a much more accurate review IMO.

For one, I am not concerned about 2K DI's vs 4K DI's. Second, I take some of these UHD reviews with a grain of salt, especially the ones that are watching on FP's. Many of the display devices, even the '16 models, have issues with HDR and WCG so the review can be skewed. The guy that reviewed that doesnt even list his gear as far as I can tell, so is it properly calibrated? Ill see what Ralph Potts says.

His review is up and is quite similar to the other site's review-

In looking at the film’s opening moments the first thing that struck me was that there wasn't an appreciable uptick in sharpness and detail rendering compared to the Blu-ray. Colors, especially primary and earth tones were toned down a bit and fleshtones offered only a hint of gradational warmth. Upon closer inspection I could make out finer details in facial features and clothing, especially when looking at the digitally crafted Orcs, but this predominantly came during close ups. On occasion discernible improvements in depth could be seen in wide angle shots but in most respects I saw little difference in apparent resolution when checking select scenes from the UHD and Blu-ray.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/187-o...2590521-warcraft-ultra-hd-blu-ray-review.html

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

The new X-Men on Tuesday, finally a UHD BR film with a true 4K master.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!