Any new hd channel additions coming soon?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
This versus having a major failure of one of the existing satellites and having to pay big money to get a quick launch? Guess how many subs they would risk by halving their CONUS HD bandwidth for several months. It isn't like there are a bunch of Ka lease birds aloft and available to move to 103W.

I would imagine that the cost of maintaining a spare at station keeping in terms of fuel is relatively low in comparison of with what it costs to make the much more frequent corrections required for an active Ka satellite.

Since it was originally going to be an on the ground spare, it would seem that aside D10s issues, Directv agreed with me that keeping it on the ground was a better choice than having it in orbit.

satelliteracer posted this today at dbs talk....2 new hd channels in march....one full time and one part time!

i would imagine one will be tru tv or disney jr. because he already said there would be a basic channel addition next month.

satelliteracer posted this today at dbs talk....2 new hd channels in march....one full time and one part time!

I'm betting on TruTV for full-time and FS San Diego for the part-time channel. FS Ohio and Cincinnati still will be part-time, even though they now both send out a full-time HD feed.

it has been confirmed that tru will show the hoops games in hd but uncertain if it will become full time. it also appears fsn san diego will be the part time channel since it launches march 5.

And DTV keeps falling further and further behind Dish on basic HD channels. Who wants RSN's or Disney Jr. Give us TCM, BBC, H2 and stuff like that.

dakeeney said:
And DTV keeps falling further and further behind Dish on basic HD channels. Who wants RSN's or Disney Jr. Give us TCM, BBC, H2 and stuff like that.

If those mean that much to you, you might want to consider switching to Dish or another provider that offers them. Not that I don't like some of the channels you mention, but I don't want to see DirecTv do like, Dish and cram more and more HD feeds in at the cost of picture quality.

If those mean that much to you, you might want to consider switching to Dish or another provider that offers them. Not that I don't like some of the channels you mention, but I don't want to see DirecTv do like, Dish and cram more and more HD feeds in at the cost of picture quality.

amen +1 :)

If your a Sports fan and your RSN is still NOT in HD, then YES you would be real happy to see that RSN go HD.

The majority of the RSN's are HD, so if I was still waiting, you BET I'd want it, particularly with the Baseball season starting soon.

But the Fact remains....D* has fell waaaaaay behind in the HD provider department.

rkr0923 said:
But the Fact remains....D* has fell waaaaaay behind in the HD provider department.

Depends on what you want to watch. DirecTV has lots if channels in HD that Dish does not have, the Disney HD channels, ESPNU, HBO2W, MoreMax, ThrillerMax, @Max, WMax, Showtime Extreme, Showtime Beyond, Smithsonian HD. Now if you are speaking specifically of basic HD channels, then yes, they are behind, but at least the HD is not as downrezzed and compressed as Dish is. If you have DirecTv, and are not pleased with the HD content, vote with your wallet and leave.

bobvick said:
Depends on what you want to watch. DirecTV has lots if channels in HD that Dish does not have, the Disney HD channels, ESPNU, HBO2W, MoreMax, ThrillerMax, @Max, WMax, Showtime Extreme, Showtime Beyond, Smithsonian HD. Now if you are speaking specifically of basic HD channels, then yes, they are behind, but at least the HD is not as downrezzed and compressed as Dish is. If you have DirecTv, and are not pleased with the HD content, vote with your wallet and leave.

That won't happen. instead of actually changing providers, most people will just whine and then scurry back to their corner.

I should I be forced to change providers. If they want peoples money give them what they want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)