Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
BOTH of my receivers were giving me the "can not detect internet" messages. They were both working fine last week. Only reason we noticed is because wife tried to get an on-demand program. The units could see each other and my computer could ping them, but they couldn't get on the internet.

Weirdness

I tried a few things and then called DirecTV and talked to a nice young man in Florida. He didn't seem terribly well versed in networking so while he would look up error codes I gave him I would try various things. I ended up having to set the networking back to Automatic (I had assigned static IPs) and when it STILL couldn't find internet I did a red-button reboot (even though the CSR said I shouldn't have to) and that seemed to do the trick. Both machines back on the internet. We shall see if they still have the problem of losing communication with each other and I have NO idea why I had to set them back to automatic, BUT... I have other stuff to do.

ANYWAYS.... the CSR was nice and thanked ME for troubleshooting this problem and gave me Starz for 6 months for free .

:)

I thought that was kinda cool.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)