Any new promotions for Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lwh1993

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 4, 2007
I'm currently with Dish, but have not been happy with the image quality and the hardware(hopper) has issues with overheating and random reboots.

Are there any new promotions for Directv or best place to get the service(Bestbuy/Costco?)

I think there may be some great deals for new customers and the Genie DVR.

I'd recommend giving DirecTV a call or contacting them at directv.com via chat and see what they can do for you.

It's likely that most deals would entail at least a 1-year savings on programming alongside a 2-year contract.

As an FYI, we have both a Genie DVR as well as a HD-DVR (2-tuner) and 1 wireless Genie mini. Absolutely no issues with any of it, and the Genie really is fantastic.

Costco has a $200 gift card promotion.

How many TVs?

Before you commit, I'd recommend you do a trial run on the DIRECTV website sign-up thingy to see what your monthly charges will look like. The $25/month effective fee (it is actually $31, but the primary lease fee is credited) for the first HD DVR catches some by surprise. Pay special attention to the monthly savings numbers so you understand where your costs are headed.

4 TV's, all HD. Currently America Top 250, but the choice looks to be equivalent on Directv. No premium/sport regionals channels needed.

I also would be under early termination as well, I have 10 months left on contract.

Around this time of the year they usually offer some incentives like Free NFL Sunday Ticket...

I'd be at $75.98/month with protection plan for the first 12 months and $108/month for the next 12 months.

Any reason to go wireless mini genies? Not sure if the $100 up front cost is worth it.

4 TV's, all HD. Currently America Top 250, but the choice looks to be equivalent on Directv. No premium/sport regionals channels needed.
Ultimate is the rough equivalent of AT250. Choice is the basic DIRECTV package that is similar to DISH's AT120 in channel count and treatment of RSNs.

I heartily recommend going through the channel lineups to make sure you're not missing something.

Can you combine the AAA discount with a referral discount?

Can you combine the COSTCO/SAMSCLUB offer with a referral discount?

I do not believe this is accurate any longer.... there was a thread I did over a year ago trying to stack a a a and referral. Couldn't make it happen.

If you pm me I can get you setup on the installers vip line. I believe the going promo is 150 visa by mail. Sunday ticket max and an extra 10 bucks. I don't really sell much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)