Any new tech being worked on that supports two HDTVs from one receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

its4us2think

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
I love the fact that 722 supports two tvs that way I dont need to put in another receiver in the bedroom. However, it does not support HDTV. I was wondering if there is some new tech that supports that kind of requirement which uses the existing cable but supports the second HDTV.

A person is better off using dual tuners per television instead of splitting them into two just in case two shows come on to record at the same time. The only way one can get away with this is if the person watching from the other room does not record many programs which would prevent conflicts and would always watch previously recorded programs. I hope they come out with a four tuner receiver with two HD outputs.

On my wish list..

A 12 tuner / 6 TV HD DVR. The ViP 12,622!

Handles 6 HDTV's, every one can have PIP or records one channel while watching another. Nothing conflicts.

Any TV can access any of the recordings.

All remotes are UHF so the receiver can be placed out of sight.

1,000,000 or higher TB hard drive built in.

All for the price of one tuner as long as it's connected to the phone line.

Maybe by the year 2525? 3535? 4545? 6510?

:D

A 12 tuner / 6 TV HD DVR. The ViP 12,622!

Handles 6 HDTV's, every one can have PIP or records one channel while watching another. Nothing conflicts.

Any TV can access any of the recordings.

All remotes are UHF so the receiver can be placed out of sight.

1,000,000 or higher TB hard drive built in.

All for the price of one tuner as long as it's connected to the phone line.

Maybe by the year 2525? 3535? 4545? 6510?

:D

No, no,no. You need to think on Dish's terms. It will be out "soon"!

A person is better off using dual tuners per television instead of splitting them into two just in case two shows come on to record at the same time. The only way one can get away with this is if the person watching from the other room does not record many programs which would prevent conflicts and would always watch previously recorded programs. I hope they come out with a four tuner receiver with two HD outputs.
Finally a benefit of being an old fart: no kids around the house. Me and the old lady share the 622 just fine since I also have an antenna feeding all 3 HDTVs directly.

Dish was demoing a concept last CES that Scott reported on where the second TV was fed an HD sling feed. Hopefully next CES we see a working box ready to ship.

How about an HD-DVR that supports cablecard and outputs encrypted QAM signals with up to 6 outputs. Then just connect the box to the main distribution splitter in the home and have a 6 channel feed running to all TVs. Customer can lease additional cablecards or purchase them outright. This would be ideal as there aren't a lot of pieces of equipment other than TV sets that support cablecard, so Hollywierd ought to be happy too.

How about an HD-DVR that supports cablecard and outputs encrypted QAM signals with up to 6 outputs. Then just connect the box to the main distribution splitter in the home and have a 6 channel feed running to all TVs. Customer can lease additional cablecards or purchase them outright. This would be ideal as there aren't a lot of pieces of equipment other than TV sets that support cablecard, so Hollywierd ought to be happy too.

Only problem with this is that not all TVs support cable cards, so they would have to have a box at each tv ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)