Any new updates on CSN Philly situation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

doublek97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
I keep letting several months go by, and then come on asking if there are any new updates regarding CSN Philadelphia being added to DirecTV or Dish. At last report, Comtrash was asking for something like $5 per subscriber for the channel, and both DirecTV and Dish were telling them to go pound sand. Is that still the case? Can't the FCC do something about this stalemate? Comtrash was ordered to make the channel available. I guess they are -- at an outrageous price. Can't the FCC step in because Comtrash is violating the "spirit" of the ruling? Thanks for anyone that has news.

I think any positive update would be that the channel goes on the air. Coming in every few months to ask the same question isn't going to speed up the process.... ;)

This CSN/Philly vs. satellite providers crap has been going on for well over a decade, and despite the FCC ruling shows no sign of ending. Frankly I'm surprised that Comcast even allows the local Verizon FIOS customers to get the channel.

Since Comcast owns the channel and distribution system, they have no interest in letting DTV/Dish get this channel and pull away profitable subs - and the FCC apparently has no interest in enforcing their ruling. The only hope for fans is that the teams not owned by Comcast (Phillies and 76ers) either eventually start a different sports channel or pressure Comcast into giving the channel to satellite subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)