Any news on DishOnLine Remote Scheduling?

kovach

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
St. Louis
Anyone know the latest on this?

As I was at a friends house and remembered something I wanted to DVR, this certainly would've came in handy.

Sounds like the beta test showed a pretty poor method of handling and they went back to the drawing board.

Any news on when they may eventually roll this out?

The back-end portion appeared to work fine. It was the front-end, i.e. the Flash interface, that sucked. Hopefully that's all that was "wrong".

Directvs scheduler on the internet works just fine. It is fast and I didn't have to have a password or anything to do it. It even sent me an email telling me that they had scheduled the show I wanted on my kids dvr. THis is how it should work for DISH.

So I can go to your directv scheduler and set it to record a bunch of shows you may not want, just to be malicious? PWs are good.

Yes, you need a password to sign onto the D* web site for your account, once in you can then use remote scheduling. Or if you use the m.directv.com moble web site you're prompted for your account user name and password before you can schedule.

Wait until May. You may be very very happy about the news and plans, along with the ViPs!

I believe Scott had said for us to be glad that Dish did not release it's version of online scheduler. He said it wasn't very pretty.:rolleyes:

I just bought a slingbox so I officially have no need for any of the Dish online crap. I won't ever use their overpriced on-demand SD stuff and now I can schedule either from my laptop or my cell phone. I'm sure I'll give it a look once it's released anyway just because I'm a geek.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)