Any news on more HD

Ok, Cinemax might duplicate some programming with HBO, but there is no duplication with StarzHD. That is 100% new HD content. IMHO, TNT-HD is the biggest waste. All it has is about or so 50 or so NBA games a year. It has virtually no other new programming. I have always thought that TNT is an overrated, overpriced station.

ocaddict said:
I finally ditched HD programming and my 811. 10$ a month wasn't worth it to me to watch 2 or maybe 3 HD channels with decent content and a "true" native HD feed. It's a novelty at best at this point. When DishNetwork brings a better HD package to the table I'll certainly be willing to look into it again. For now, there isn't enough bang for the buck IMHO.

I pretty much agree, but haven't made the call just yet. On another note, the addition of a couple more HDTV movie channels would get me off the dime to raise my subscription to AEP. Are you reading this E*?? :cool:

argo said:
I pretty much agree, but haven't made the call just yet. On another note, the addition of a couple more HDTV movie channels would get me off the dime to raise my subscription to AEP. Are you reading this E*?? :cool:

See,I am not the only one,more money Echostar are you listening?

Just called Dish and cancelled my Everything Package. Kept HBO and HDTV Package. Really don't want to watch anything that is not HDTV. Was going to watch "Get Shorty" on Showtime and found that it was upconverted and not HDTV. Rented DVD instead.

When Dish gets more HDTV including STARZ HDTV and comes out with a relative bug-free 921. I may upgrade back to the Everthing Package.

I would think STARZHD would be at the top of the list. I think it would make them more money than any HD channel they could add.

StevenD said:
I don't know why you folks would live out in California. For $3k a month, I could buy a 6000 sf house on 20 acres here in Texas. :)
CA mortgages are a lot higher along the coast, and going up every day. In just 2 years we've built enough equity that we could go back to Texas and pay CASH for the 6000 sq ft house and 20 acres. :D Assuming we wanted to again live with the mosquitoes, 80% humidity and 100+ degrees days for half the year. Here on the CA central coast, it rains 18 inches a year here, not 18 feet, and the sun shines every day. Thunderstorms and lightning are so rare they make the top of the local news, and hurricanes and tornadoes are unheard of.

Of course the standing joke is that CA has four seasons: flood, fire, earthquake, and riot. Since we had a 6.5 shaker around Xmas, I can at least verify that one. I love TX, its home, but don't knock CA till you've tried it. Every place has its good and bad. ;)

MRUSS said:
I would think STARZHD would be at the top of the list. I think it would make them more money than any HD channel they could add.

I hope not. I have Starz-HD through another provider, and I can tell you it is the most disapointing HD channel available. It has a very small amount of actual HD (less than ESPN-HD), and they have been known to show a movie in SD even AFTER it's been shown in HD on that channel. I think Starz-HD was specifically what Charlie was referring to when he talked about a lack of compelling HD content. Having seen Starz, I agree

Thanks hancox, I didn't realize this. Maybe Charlie can get more HD content from them with his negoatations to add STARZ.

I noticed that HBO HD east and Showtime HD east are also available at 148. Is there some segment of the customer base that can only receive those two channels via 148? If not, why not replace them with HBO and Showtime HD west? I'd put up my spare Dish 300 if they would do that.

Jaspear said:
I noticed that HBO HD east and Showtime HD east are also available at 148. Is there some segment of the customer base that can only receive those two channels via 148? If not, why not replace them with HBO and Showtime HD west? I'd put up my spare Dish 300 if they would do that.

Since users of the 811 with DishPro can't receive 148 right now, it's a moot point. :mad:

Also a few more comments:
1. I have a 921 (yes it works most of the time!!)
2. I now watch mostly HD only. I record the heck out of content of what channels we have now. Also I can use my OTA antenna for 6 more HD channels.
3. I actually watch HBO & Showtime MORE now due to the HD channels. Showtime even had Live Boxing in HD recently.
4. Thus, I would actually like more HD movie channels such as Encore HD, StarzHD, & TMC HD. With these, I would have plenty of old & recent HD movies & not even need to think about getting Voom. PLUS, I CAN RECORD THEM!!!!
5. I would like to see InHD & InHD2 since what I like about HDNet is the variety of programming shown on one channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts