Any news on NHL Center Ice package for the upcoming season?

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
Now that ESPN has dropped NHL coverage, I probably won't be able to see a game until this spring, so I was considering picking up the Center Ice package, but I have no Idea on the cost. (I like hockey, but not enough to break my budget over it...). The Dish website is pretty useless for info on this, does anyone have an idea of how much Center Ice will cost this season? If not for this upcoming season, does anyone know how much it cost in past years?

Thanks!

griz_fan said:
Now that ESPN has dropped NHL coverage, I probably won't be able to see a game until this spring, so I was considering picking up the Center Ice package, but I have no Idea on the cost. (I like hockey, but not enough to break my budget over it...). The Dish website is pretty useless for info on this, does anyone have an idea of how much Center Ice will cost this season? If not for this upcoming season, does anyone know how much it cost in past years?

Thanks!

Griz,

I'm in the same boat, I'm a NHL fan and I'm hungry for a Hockey Fix. The NHL is still looking for a deal to get games on TV, probably Cable TV and on a weekly basis. Several networks are considering carriage of games, ESPN is still NOT out of the mix although they are looking for a cut rate deal, also in the mix are FX, SPIKE and USA.

Dish has carried the NHL Center ICE in the past and will likely offer it again this season. Center Ice has carried a price of about $169 for the season in previous years. Dish's Web site has been slow at being updated. I would guess you will see some information about 1-2 weeks before the season starts at the latest.

John

I'm hoping a very long free preview and big price cut is in store for the package

I received the center ice package a couple years ago. And although the regular price is $169 or there about they offer an early bird special that runs until the season starts for $139. I'd also like to see them lower it to sub $100, but the biggest problem is finding the time to watch enough games that the CI package will be worth it to you.

What I would like to know is since I don't subsribe to any Dish package (i.e. 60,120,180), I have both HD packages only, will dish let me get the Center Ice package or will they say I have to have one of there general packages? This would really interest me if it includes available HD games! But, I will under no circumstances subscribe to something I won't watch just to get something in a separate package I would watch. I wouldn't have there HD packages if I had to subscribe to one of the other packages.

I'd be thrilled with a sub $100 package, hoping the NHL and powers that be lower the rate to draw fans back to the sport. If CapeFish is right, I'll be beside myself. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon...

voomvoom said:
What I would like to know is since I don't subsribe to any Dish package (i.e. 60,120,180), I have both HD packages only, will dish let me get the Center Ice package or will they say I have to have one of there general packages? This would really interest me if it includes available HD games! But, I will under no circumstances subscribe to something I won't watch just to get something in a separate package I would watch. I wouldn't have there HD packages if I had to subscribe to one of the other packages.

shouldnt have to.

I have just locals and could have purchased MLB EI if I wanted to (I asked them)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)