Any news on the Turner channels?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I just got a note from Marc Lumpkin at Echostar who tells me negoations are continuing and ongoing.

Nothing more then that.

We should know more on Wednesday.

Scott-
Please follow up on this and let us know what the story is.
Thanks...

Your contract states that programming is subject to change. So no it is not voided when this happens. However if major channels are gone for a long period I will walk. and I am a DISH diehard.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Remember its not only the turner channels that could go away on the 1st, Viacom channels could be saying bye byee as well.

I could live without CNN, but no NICK, Cartoon Network or Noggin? My kids would kill me.
My 2-year old is sitting next to me watching NOGGIN as we speak. And we are all huge Spongebob fans here. Ouch...this will hurt if it happens. Thank goodness we have several hours of programming backed-up on the PVR! :shock:

ScottChez said:
Dish Stock would crash if they lost both, the investers would not be very understanding.

Not entirely true. If the demands are too high to carry these, the investors may be behind this type of negotiating. In fact, since this is not new, I would say the major investors agree with Charlie to work it out this way. If you read the conditions of the Murdoch/Direct deal, he had to agree not to use this type of tactic. Why did the broadcast industry want that? Because it is very effective. This is one of things Charlie does right for us in the long run.

According to Chris Freeland in another forum there is a deal.

As for the stock price who knows. Investors may like tough negotiationg---until it results in no deal. And I pity he dealer trying to sell a system that does NOT have these channels.

I just received a note from Echostar Spokeman Marc Lumpkin about 30 seconds ago stating the following.

Turner and Viacom negotiations will extend into the new year.

I have mailed him back and asked him if the channels will remain on the lineup while negotiations contnue or if they we be removed tonight at midnight.

I will post his reply when it comes in.

I just received OFFICIAL word from Marc Lumpkin that the Turner / Viacom channels will REMAIN on Dish Network while contract negoations are ongoing.

Too bad they can dump CNN and keep the other channels.... I think that would make everyone happy. Im sure its probably a package deal though. :rolleyes:

No one really watches CNN anyhow. As long as Dish keeps FOX news, Im a happy man. :D

Well when people start posting that all is fine so long as they channels THEY watch are carried it is easy to get upset.

http://www.multichannel.com/
http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA372409?display=Breaking+News

EchoStar, DirecTV Reach Deals at the Wire
Several temporary cease-fires between programmers and distributors were declared Tuesday.

See ya
Tony

Grinder said:
ROLLTIDE said:
I wish that the ANTI CNN trolls would stop posting in this thread
sorry I forgot you owned it. :rolleyes:
He doesn't. But this is supposed to be a thread discussing E* and TW's negotiations and the possible dropping of channels. Not a thread for the blatant bashing or boosting of any channel. Posting such a message is a troll. Trolls make this "satellitebrats" instead of "satelliteguys".

Discuss the merits of CNN and FNC if related to a point being made about the need to keep or drop the channels.

Grinder said:
As long as Dish keeps FOX news, Im a happy man.
And as long as you are not forced to watch CNN you will probably remain happy. To each his own. I'm glad to have the three channels of CNN (and other TW networks). I'm glad you're happy to have one channel of FNC.

JL
OB Dig: FNC only needs one channel to present a one sided ethnocentric GOPTV view of the world.

I use to be a CNN fan but now quicte frankly I think CNN sucks, only thing good on it is Larry King who helps me sleep when I need to go to bed early. :D

This thread has nothing to do with if you like CNN, Foxnews, MSNBC, etc, it has to do with Channels you currently get possibly not being available soon.

And while some may not like CNN others do. Some like base ball others hate it etc.

Remember we are here to help people get the best DBS News Talk and Information, not bash their viewing habbits. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)