Any News on VIP 612 Release Date

I really think this receiver is not necessary at all. If you want a dual receiver that goes to one tv then use a 622 in single mode. But I have no Idea when they will release this receiver.

I really think this receiver is not necessary at all. If you want a dual receiver that goes to one tv then use a 622 in single mode. But I have no Idea when they will release this receiver.
I have to agree. The cost difference between the two will be minimal if a 612 comes out.

Now I would love to see Dish come out with a 644 receiver. Then you could have 2 ota tuners and 4 sat tuners going out to possibly 4 tvs. They would have to come up with a new seperator for 4 sats or maybe run two lines with 2 seperators but it would be sweet for a whole house solution.

I would really appreciate it if it were also able to stream this either wireless or through the existing home wiring....

In the future, I don't know why we couldn't have a centrally located box where you could plug in as many tuners as you wanted, connected to a massive HDD (terrabyte size) and a DVD drive. You could theoretically have as many OTA tuners as you wanted, as many sat. tuners as you wanted, and you could load your entire DVD library on the HTPC running with it. That would be your whole house solution. It could be reconfigured in as many different ways that you could want and would be internet connected as well. We have the technology to do these things now. Why does it not exist?

I have to agree. The cost difference between the two will be minimal if a 612 comes out.

But, at least until they change the rules, you could have four leased 612. I am already against the 4 tuner limit which is why I still have a 6000 running. My two 622's are in single mode as I have no use whatsoever for a SD connection.

Wow, people...not exactly on topic. I would like one or two of these...the "NEED" for it is simple - we dont need so many cables headed to the rooms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)