Any of you guys running an Onkyo with a BD player?

Many are using the 605 with their BD Players. CochiseGuy is using the 605. I'm using the Integra 9.8 with my BD30 and A35, and my Lexicon MC12HD with my BD10 and XA2. Passes through just fine. Talk to me about the DSP update once you get it. I can e-mail you the file and directions.

S~

Thanks.

Would you recommend the DCDi for all upconversion(sat and dvd source) to 1080p instead of the Panasonic? Or just depends?

Im pulling the trigger on a 605 today for Master and TrueHD. I've always avoiding allowing my video to run thru a rcvr to the tv, but Im guessing this rcvr should just pass it thru without affecting PQ.

Looking for opinions. Thanks.

Onkyo TX-SR605 - 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver | Model Information | Onkyo USA Home Theater Products

Also, hows the upconversion chip in this rcvr?

Yes sir, I am running a 800 Onkyo with a PS3, looks great and works great, I have a projector hooked up as well, HDMI from vip211 to onkyo, and PS3 to onkyo's inputs then 1 hdmi out to projector, very nice picture and awesome sound!

Like Teachsac, I'm running my Panasonic BD-30 to an Integra, in my case an Integra 7.8. Everything sounds wonderful coming out of it and I have to admit that I get a gleeful little delight out of seeing my display saying "Dolby TrueHD" or "DTS HD Master".

For the money and features, I'd skip over the Onkyo 605 and bump up to the 805, but only if there's a Fry's near you. Fry's puts the 805 on sale all the time for $699, which is a great deal for the feature set on the receiver and the power supplies included in it.

If that isn't an option though, the 605 is a great deal. You'll be happy either way.

Thanks. Already ordered the 605 VERY cheap since its on the way out. Im anxious to listen to the new formats :)

Looks like(according to Cnet) that the video abilites of the dcdi inside arent so great.

I believe mine is also the 605. The sound is awesome!!

I just wish it did audio through the HDMI. :(

works fine here

I have the 805 and the PS3 running with no issues. Personally I don't hear much difference between the new uncompressed audio tracks in movies and the old dolby digital or DTS stuff.

I believe mine is also the 605. The sound is awesome!!

I just wish it did audio through the HDMI. :(

I have the 605 too, what do you mean by you wish it did audio through HDMI. I thought it does, my video and audio from my VIP722 to 605 is with HDMI and pictures from 605 to TV is also via HDMI

Maybe mine is the 505 then.

What I'm talking about is having the surround sound audio played via the HDMI port on the back of the receiver. Mine will only pass-through the video.

I have the 805 and the PS3 running with no issues. Personally I don't hear much difference between the new uncompressed audio tracks in movies and the old dolby digital or DTS stuff.

Yeah, Im kinda wondering if Ill notice.

Im amazed haw many have the onkyo or a version of it. Its pretty awesome they built a good rcvr for this price.

I'm very happy with my 805 & PS3. With 7.1 Klipsch speakers. Surprised the 605 is already on the way out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)