Any one else losing satellite lock since 4.01

bobr66

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
Dallas
When I was on 3.66 I never lost satllelite lock even with moderate rain.
Since 4.01 I keep losing lock on all channels all satellites, My 942 has no problems.

I have lost locks in the 40s on both tuners every day on my main dvr and in the 20s on both tuners , on my bedroom dvr. I also had lnb drift messages, check switch messages several times a day and then sometimes I had lost sat signal on the screen on perfectly clear days.

I had to unplug the sat cables and clear the matrix and then change out the cables , diplexors and seperators entirely , so that they would work properly. It hasn't helped the lost locks in the counters menu as they are still high like above , but both dvrs are working now.

When ever I go into the sat dish menu to check a transponder it is defaulted to 105 sat - which I do not have. I have a dish 1000.2 that looks at 119/110/129/61.5. I have to manually turn the sat in the menu to the proper one because it no longer will go there by itself. I consider this the reason for the lost locks. They broke something in with the 401 software that has caused this lost locks problem.

I have lost locks in the 40s on both tuners every day on my main dvr and in the 20s on both tuners , on my bedroom dvr. I also had lnb drift messages, check switch messages several times a day and then sometimes I had lost sat signal on the screen on perfectly clear days.

I had to unplug the sat cables and clear the matrix and then change out the cables , diplexors and seperators entirely , so that they would work properly. It hasn't helped the lost locks in the counters menu as they are still high like above , but both dvrs are working now.

When ever I go into the sat dish menu to check a transponder it is defaulted to 105 sat - which I do not have. I have a dish 1000.2 that looks at 119/110/129/61.5. I have to manually turn the sat in the menu to the proper one because it no longer will go there by itself. I consider this the reason for the lost locks. They broke something in with the 401 software that has caused this lost locks problem.

Exactly the same thing that's happening to me, I posted in the Official L4.01 thread the lost locks bug. It's always in the 30s and I know it was fine before L4.01 because I would check almost every day. They did the same thing with the 625 receiver, it was fine before and now it shows all these lost locks in the diagnostics menu. It has something to do with this LNB monitoring they introduced in the last software updates.

BTW, I don't lose the picture while watching TV. It was raining hard on Monday and I kept checking the signals but no rain fade.

Maybe your signal is marginal and with the new software update you will get the the error message.

What SS do you have on TP11 for 119 and 110? Also check the connections going to the 622 and make sure they tight.

I have been losing my locks on occasion as well since the ATTEMPT to download 4.01, I didnt get it, my wife rebooted after seeing the "lose content" warning, but i still have lost locks on sats, never had that in the 8 months i have been a dish customer prior.

I got L401 early yesterday morning. This morning I was playing around with the menu's to check on any changes, and I did noticed that the system info screen said about 40 something for tuner 1 and 30 something for tuner 2, but everything else showed good, including the screen that would normally have how many times it lost sync in the past 12 hours or so.

Therefore, and since I have not noticed any signal losses, I think the L401 counters start at other than 00 00. :eureka

If the wife wasn't watching TV1 and the kids recording on TV2, I would go into the menu's and see what the 2 exact numbers are.

Maybe your signal is marginal and with the new software update you will get the the error message.

What SS do you have on TP11 for 119 and 110? Also check the connections going to the 622 and make sure they tight.

I get a 96 strength on 119 on transponder 11 and a 87 strength on 110 on transponder 11 . EVERYTIME I go to the dish point screen it is locked on the 105 satellite - which I do not have in my dish installation. I am using a 1000.2 sat dish and I have 119/110/129/61.5 in my switch matrix. I am getting good signals on all satellites . This is all new since L401 update. My lost locks are in the 40s or higher on my main dvr and in the 30s on my bedroom dvr. I don't like this new lnb drift monitoring that comes with it either. It had lnb drift on my system info till I reran all cables , seperators, diplexors and cleared out the switch matrix to on both dvrs.

What ever it is I don't like this portion of the software.

Sorry Mike, I was asking bobr66. I know you have a D1000.2 with great signals.:)

Mine also defaults to 105.

"What ever it is I don't like this portion of the software." Same here, I don't like this and I know it's the software.

Mike D......I just posted a similar message on another Forum. My sat lock is on 105 when my 622 went down 3 times yesterday. My sats also are 110,119 &129. Must be the new software, you think?

YES, I totally think it is the software. My parents have the 622 ,that I bought for them, and it is still at 366 and they have no lost locks. I got the 401 software and I have had them every day since.

It has to be software. All though I don't have a HD receiver my 625 indicates that I have lnb drift on 105 which I no longer use. My 301 and 510 indicate that everything is good.

LNB drift?

Is there a place now in the menus to check for LNB drift? I have seen the comment and would like to know if I can go to a screen that will show the drift.

Go to system info. After it reaches 100% if it detects LNB drift, it will give you an error message "LNB drift detected"

The weekend after the upgrade I had about 3 inches of snow and lost signal. 3 weeks ago I had about 18 inches and never lost the signal with the older software. Is the newer 4.02 upgrade supposed to take care of this? I was really happy all last year up until this new upgrade because I never lost the signal with 366 as I had with the previous version. I am not sure what improvements there were with 401 that was all that great.

Mike and Randall.

Do you have 129 and 61.5? I'm kind of noticing a pattern here. This only happens when I switch to a channel that is on either 129 or 61.5. I can tune between OTA, 110, 119 just fine, but when I tune to NGHD or Starz, it either takes forever or defaults to 105, change sats and then it scans for available satellites and I have to reboot. Works for awhile then starts all over again. No rpoblems on my 622 with 3.66 or my 211. I even changed ports on the switch with the 211 and changed out separators.

Scott

Colorado we have a problem

Go to system info. After it reaches 100% if it detects LNB drift, it will give you an error message "LNB drift detected"

To paraphrase a well know statement: Colorado we have a problem. It is the detection circuit for the LNB drift. I have now mounted 2 different DPP LNB's in my setup and both show the drift problem. Both show up as green in the LNB section of the system info. I then check the details and both are showing more drift than the 1st did yesterday. In fact they have gone all the way to a -9.47 (last night's reading was -5.27) in the details section. I have gone back to the 1st LNB. If this is signs of things to come and it is caused by heat then this summer is going to be a REAL PROBLEM. I state it this way as the drift was much lower last night than it is now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts