Any one got the new software for the 211k EHD yet?

steve4810

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2006
As of a couple of hours ago I still have L453.

FYI the 211-not k is on a different, higher number. L520, I believe.

Last edited:
I believe 11/19/08 was the date given on Tech chat, it isn't going to be there till they send it.
I saw that but Randall posted this right under Scott's copy of the press release.

The 211s are getting new software today.
And Randall is usually reliable.

Besides I would think Dish would try and make sure the majority of customers already had the proper software version before they started taking orders.

Last edited:
I was gonna say, L522 is spooling to some 211 receivers as of yesterday. I would think that this software update will enable the EHD feature.
Could be.

But I though I saw somewhere in all the threads about this that the 211k was going to get it before the 211 not k models did.

This is why I started this thread.

Someone will get it and report back, eventually.:rolleyes:

If you could just monitor Randall's thread (new SW) and wait when new FW for your ViP211k begin spooling, then the thread would have some meaning.
Plus they told yea - November 19; who could tell you if it support EHD or not, if Dish cannot activate it for you.
Thread about nothing, hehe. :p

if activating is anything like 722, then you plug the drive in, it gets formatted then throws you a message to call dish to have EHD activated

so I guess having the new software would do that part, even if dish doesn't activate them yet?

anyone try to plug a drive to a 211/211k yet?

If you could just monitor Randall's thread (new SW) and wait when new FW for your ViP211k begin spooling, then the thread would have some meaning.
Plus they told yea - November 19; who could tell you if it support EHD or not, if Dish cannot activate it for you.
Thread about nothing, hehe. :p
OK in order.

First: You monitor Randall's thread. When various versions spool isn't useful until someone determines what that version does. Those posts don't say what the software does.

2. The thread is to discover when the software gets to someone who then figures what it does. The subject says, "Who has the new EHD software?"

III November 19 is when you can order 211EHD service and that REQUIRES the new software be already present or nothing will happen when they authorize your EHD. It has to be spooled before the 19th. And it would be prudent to let it spool for a few days before people start trying hook up their EHDs

If no one responds about 211K EHD software, eventually I'll get it and report that here.

But since my 211k is in a locked travel trailer that is in storage, I don't spend a lot of time powering on the systems and looking at the software version screen.

D - The thread is a question. It isn't about anything.:D

OK, but you asking for unknown version, plus want see exactly EHD support type and before ppl could activate it - chicken or egg, right ?
Try it this way: Someday someone will get a new version of software for their 211k and they will see that if they plug in an EHD they will see a message to call Dish to get it activated.

Then if they have read the title of this thread they may post the news here that the EHD software has been downloaded and my question will have been answered. Then I'll go unlock the trailer and fire up the electrical system and turn on my 211K and get software then turn it off and power down the trailer and lock it up and wait for the 19th to arrive so I can call and activate my ehd.

This isn't rocket science.

new software update L522 removed timers and Questions

After reading the posts about the 211 to DVR I looked up the information on my receiver (211 not K) and have version 522. I also noticed that all my timers have been removed so I had to manually re-install them. Anyone else have this issue. Not a big one for me only had a couple of timers set.....Cannot wait to try EHD not sure which would be cheaper to go, :confused: upgrade to a 622 or 722 or just get a EHD and do you have to keep it plugged into a computer or phone line once you go EHD?

Sure like this forum:)

For cheapness if you already have a 211 all you'd need to do is buy a drive (could be under 100 bucks) and pay the 40 clams.

There is no monthly charge and no requirement to connect to the net or a phone line.

One thing: Since the drive is the DVR you can't send movies or shows to "archive" like you can by adding a drive to a 722.

But... You can buy more than one drive for which Dish doesn't charge you any additional fees. It would just be slightly odd to have "archives" that are totally in date sequence.

For cheapness if you already have a 211 all you'd need to do is buy a drive (could be under 100 bucks) and pay the 40 clams.

There is no monthly charge and no requirement to connect to the net or a phone line.

One thing: Since the drive is the DVR you can't send movies or shows to "archive" like you can by adding a drive to a 722.

But... You can buy more than one drive for which Dish doesn't charge you any additional fees. It would just be slightly odd to have "archives" that are totally in date sequence.
I would connect any USB disk enclose to 211 if there L5.22, just to check if that popup window could appear.

I would connect any USB disk enclose to 211 if there L5.22, just to check if that popup window could appear.
Anything's possible but it was mentioned a few places that the 211k was going to get enabled before 211 not k's were.

The newest 211K version is L453 and I have personally checked that it doesn't recognize an EHD.

External hard drive for 222 and 211?

Has anyone compared the DTVPal with DTVPal Plus?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts