Any one here operate PSK31 or other digital modes??

n1wbd

Silent Key - RIP 1/2/2012
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Grafton,NH
I personally use MIXW for all my digital operating, although Ham radio Deluxe is good if you want to computer control your rig plus numerous other goodies.

I'm not a ham, but I've been known to monitor sstv and weatherfax. Not much lately since the propagation has been poor and I don't have a good antenna at the moment, and weatherfax is redundant since the same data and more is available on the internet, but it's still fun seeing pictures come through the air in analog!

Me too. Icom 735/AT-150/PS-55 and 135' OCF, running 20 watts or less, with Digipan 2.0 and a SignaLink USB. Ham Radio Deluxe is awesome, but getting CAT cable drivers (prolific) to work with Windows 7 is a challenge (so what else is new). I'm constantly amazed at how good the copy is on signals that are barely perceptible by ear, and I'm guessing this a great mode for apartment/condo bound hams who can't put up much of an antenna. I can't compare the various software offerings, but I find Digipan's multi conversation mode with auto-highlighting/coloring of CQ's to be very convenient.

I have the rigblaster nomic and the CD that came with it. I haven't made any contacts yet, though I have received some QSO's. I noticed that the digipan receives 3 or more qso's at once. I am sure I don't have it configured correctly. I tried the Winpsk but got installation errors. This was on a Vista laptop.

I also have an XP and linux laptops to use. I looked on You tube for some how to videos on psk..and computer assisted CW ...didn't really see much. The rigblaster manuals (on CD) didn't really do it for me.

So a few questions.

What (free) PSK 31 and CW program would you recommend and is there a good tutorial out there?

I believe I need an adapter to use the IC 706 MkII data jack with the nomic, the Yaesu's just plug right in. Aside for the data jack adapter...is there any additional configuration required for the 706?

I have the EEE Pc running Easy Peasy, can I use that netbook for psk31 and CW with FLDIGI (for linux) and has anyone here run Linux and Rigblaster with success.

Did anyone here set up packet with Rigblaster or Nomic? Are there any good tutorial sites on how to set it up? (I have an old Baycom from years ago and a Windows 98 machine I could use..been a long time since I was on packet). Would sound card interface work better than an old Baycom and a Win 98 machine?

Lastly has anyone used the TenTec R4020 with a sound card interface/Rigblaster for CW? I could see possibilities with using one of the really small EEE PC netbooks with a small rig like the R4020...one gel cell and one could operate all day .

Thanks

I have the Rigblaster Plug & Play for my Icom 706. Goes right into the accessory connector on the back of the radio, and a USB and two audio plugs to the computer. Works great. Be sure to follow their setup instructions, particularly to install their USB driver before connecting it to the computer the first time, so it'll work right.

Lots of software out there that works with this for doing many modes, even SSTV and CW. Digipan is very popular for PSK31 and there are many others.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts