Orbi IP Issue

The MAC addresses should be different for each of the "ports". One or two for the RJ45 and one for the Wi-fi. In the unusual event that the Hopper 3 isn't the MoCA Master, I suppose there may also be an address associated with the MoCA connection.

While you can associate more than one IP address with a MAC, I don't think you can fake a MAC address.

In all of this discussion, is there something that isn't functioning as expected or is it just a matter of inexplicable MAC addresses?
The Hopper has four Mac IDs for each. My H3 is working good. My Hopper 3 Plus has several issues going. It's a mystery in the router listings that a strange Mac ID is showing up for the Hopper 3 Plus. I will see tomorrow when I set up my Hopper 3 to be in control of the Internet.

It's a mystery in the router listings that a strange Mac ID is showing up for the Hopper 3 Plus. I will see tomorrow when I set up my Hopper 3 to be in control of the Internet.
Is this inexplicable address causing problems?

Attributing the bad behavior of the Hopper Plus to a mystery MAC address doesn't seem logical.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The MAC addresses should be different for each of the "ports". One or two for the RJ45 and one for the Wi-fi. In the unusual event that the Hopper 3 isn't the MoCA Master, I suppose there may also be an address associated with the MoCA connection.

While you can associate more than one IP address with a MAC, I don't think you can fake a MAC address.

In all of this discussion, is there something that isn't functioning as expected or is it just a matter of inexplicable MAC addresses?

I have not changed ports on my Living Room Hopper3 receiver. I have always used the bottom port for the Living Room Hopper3. The Family Room Hopper3 and the Joey3 both use MoCa connection.
Everything is functioning fine. The internet is working fine on both Hopper 3 receivers and my Joey3 client with download speeds of approximately 200. The issue is that I have always reserved the I/p network addresses for all of the items on my home network by using the MAC address to reserve the network address in my router. Now that does not work since Dish has changed the MAC address on my 2 Hopper3 receivers.
What I find interesting is that the MAC address that the Hopper3 displays on the network diagnostic page is the MAC address that I have reserved in my router but the actual MAC address in my router under devices connected is the new MAC address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
Is this inexplicable address causing problems?

Attributing the bad behavior of the Hopper Plus to a mystery MAC address doesn't seem logical.
Yep, I hear ya. I tried connecting my Hopper 3 by Ethernet. My router shows two odd ball Mac IDs. One for each Hopper. So I tried connecting my Hopper 3 Plus by Ethernet along with my Hopper 3. Does not work. The Hopper 3 Plus disconnects the Ethernet in the Hopper 3. So, I disconnected the Ethernet cable from the Hopper 3 and I am done screwing around with it. Finally configuration is Hopper 3 Plus is in Ethernet mode and the Hopper 3 gets its Internet by MoCA. Really strange the router reports both with the mystery Mac IDs.

I have not changed ports on my Living Room Hopper3 receiver. I have always used the bottom port for the Living Room Hopper3. The Family Room Hopper3 and the Joey3 both use MoCa connection.
Everything is functioning fine. The internet is working fine on both Hopper 3 receivers and my Joey3 client with download speeds of approximately 200. The issue is that I have always reserved the I/p network addresses for all of the items on my home network by using the MAC address to reserve the network address in my router. Now that does not work since Dish has changed the MAC address on my 2 Hopper3 receivers.
What I find interesting is that the MAC address that the Hopper3 displays on the network diagnostic page is the MAC address that I have reserved in my router but the actual MAC address in my router under devices connected is the new MAC address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dweber, you can always go into your router settings and reserve the odd ball Mac IDs if you wish. What are the odd Mac IDs are you getting? In my TP Link Router the Hopper 3 Pus shows 88:B6:EE:20:30:60 and the Hopper 3 is 88:B6:EE:20:30:62. My last Orbi router reported the same thing.