Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
My HR21 has never been a speed demon, but beginning 3-4 weeks ago, it got a lot slower. It now takes about 10 seconds to show the guide. Changing channels takes several seconds. Hitting list can sometimes take up to 15 seconds to get a response.

I'm still running the old software, no HD UI upgrade yet.

Just wondering if there is any known reason for this.

I will try the double reset.

Hard drive is about 75% full. That's pretty normal for me. It has been up to 95% in the past. Funny thing on that though, I've never lost a recording or ever been unable to record something, in the 3+ years I've had it. Its just the 320GB drive, but it has been adequate for me.

I've never really cared about it taking 4-5 seconds to call up the guide, but 8-10 seconds feels very sluggish.

I will try the double reset.

Hard drive is about 75% full. That's pretty normal for me. It has been up to 95% in the past. Funny thing on that though, I've never lost a recording or ever been unable to record something, in the 3+ years I've had it. Its just the 320GB drive, but it has been adequate for me.

I've never really cared about it taking 4-5 seconds to call up the guide, but 8-10 seconds feels very sluggish.

Every now and then my HR24-100 has been hanging on me for about 20 seconds when I try to start a recording. Rare but it does happen. And I have noticed since the new GUI that when I am in the OD menus if I go to roll back into the main menu it will hang for around 10 seconds all the time. Which is weird since the new GUI has just about nothing to do with the OD. But as with anytime you get into new territory it will take a lil bit of time to fix up the firmware and get all the bugs worked out.

Finished my double reset and the HR21 is back to running normally. Which means it is slow, but not ultra slow. Calling up the Guide (still the old SD guide) takes 4-5 seconds. List is taking only 3 seconds. I can live with this!

Thanks.

Finished my double reset and the HR21 is back to running normally. Which means it is slow, but not ultra slow. Calling up the Guide (still the old SD guide) takes 4-5 seconds. List is taking only 3 seconds. I can live with this!

Thanks.

Glad it helped, sometimes it does, sometimes not.

Thanks.

When you get the new hd gui it will be much faster.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts