Any Replacement Hopper with Sling Installation Tips ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjruby

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2003
Nazareth, PA
I'll be receiving a replacement Hopper with Sling tomorrow to replace one of the two Hopper with Slings on my system that is defective.

The working Hopper with Sling has one Joey linked to it and has Internet bridging enabled. The defective Hopper with Sling does not have any Joeys linked to it.

Are there any tips or suggestions on the best way to install the replacement unit without affecting the working Hopper with Sling/Joey units. For example, should I power them off while installing/activating the replacement unit?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Just plug it in, and let it update. I had no issues when replacing a bad Hopper in my 2 Hopper/2 Joey set up

I just hooked mine up and ran through the prompts. Did my CST, and waited 24 hours. After 24 hours, everything worked as it was supposed to.

I picked-up the replacement HWS from UPS and installed and activated it this morning.
Very painless just following the prompts.
So far it's working great.
I'll drop-off the defective HWS at UPS this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
Thanks again to ZackS of DIRT for all of his help and cooperation in resolving my issue.
Bob

I picked-up the replacement HWS from UPS and installed and activated it this morning.
Very painless just following the prompts.
So far it's working great.
I'll drop-off the defective HWS at UPS this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
Thanks again to ZackS of DIRT for all of his help and cooperation in resolving my issue.
Bob
Be sure to back up your saved programs onto an external hard drive before disconnecting old hopper if it is still working. Also back up your settings into the remote.

Be sure to back up your saved programs onto an external hard drive before disconnecting old hopper if it is still working. Also back up your settings into the remote.
When ours was going bad I could not get all shows to back up no matter what I did (mainly network stuff). Now just a few short months later the refurbed replacement has been behaving like that last one did when it started going bad. So the other day my wife tells me that if this one goes bad this soon and she loses her shows again that it could be then end for Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)