Any rumors of a new HD box?

noremac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Wash, DC
I am trying to decide whether to hold out with Dish in expectation of getting a next-generation box to replace my 6000, or to switch to D*. (My 6000 is like an old Atari, and the 811 doesn't seem to offer much more.)

Are there any rumors of a modern HD STB coming from Dish? I would expect to get full GUIs, PIP, complete local guide info, sensitive next-gen ATSC tuner, etc.

The 921 has been out for quite a while, and those of us that paid $1000 each to beta test it are just about done.

There's something called a 942 that was supposed to hit for the holiday season, but not likely to be released until sometime in 1st quarter of 2005. Scott has a long thread about it.

About 2 Charlie Chats ago he mentioned a slew of new receivers coming out in "the fall" but I haven't heard a thing about any of them.

My 811 pulls in OTA HD a lot better than my 921 or 6000. With the OTA HD guide data it is finally coming together to be a good box. Right now my 6000 is sitting unplugged (I am remodeling the bedroom it is going into), I use the 811 and 921 exclusively now.

mike123abc said:
My 811 pulls in OTA HD a lot better than my 921 or 6000. With the OTA HD guide data it is finally coming together to be a good box. Right now my 6000 is sitting unplugged (I am remodeling the bedroom it is going into), I use the 811 and 921 exclusively now.

If your 811 pulls in OTA better than the 921, I would hate to see it. My 811 can barely pull in OTA channels. I think I have an early 811 and it's still buggy even after all the updates. ;)

I had to put an amp on my signal to make my 811 perform as good as my 6000 did. That said, I like it better because it has the screen format/stretch options, and my guide goes 48 hours instead of 30mins to two hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts