Any suggestions for twinhan 1025 remote control?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bin44

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
I bought a cheap twinhan 1025 which doesn't have a remote. I am thinking about buying a "learning" (universal) remote. Does anyone have a suggestion? Will twinhan 1025 work with any universal remote? Maybe I should just buy a wireless mouse instead.
Thanks

probably not what you want to hear

The Twinhans usually come with a hand-held IR remote...
...AND there's also a USB hockey puck IR receiver which plugs into your computer.
You'd need both pieces.

I've seen some sellers offer the boards without the remotes for about $10 less.
I just assumed they were stealing the remote pieces, and selling them elsewhere (maybe for way too much).

So far as I know, only the Twinhan Starbox USB has the IR receiver built in, for reception of the hand-held remote's commands.

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess my only option is a wireless mouse. Anyway, I can't really complain since I got the twinhan 1025 for only $35.
The Twinhans usually come with a hand-held IR remote...
...AND there's also a USB hockey puck IR receiver which plugs into your computer.
You'd need both pieces.

I've seen some sellers offer the boards without the remotes for about $10 less.
I just assumed they were stealing the remote pieces, and selling them elsewhere (maybe for way too much).

So far as I know, only the Twinhan Starbox USB has the IR receiver built in, for reception of the hand-held remote's commands.

Does it come with a USB hockey puck IR receiver which plugs into the computer? If it does, I'm definitely interested.
Thanks
We have many remotes for the Twinhan. PM or call if you want a OEM unit.

$5 plus shipping...

Twinhan remote

Here's a little picture of the remote and the IR receiver.
I guess hockey puck was a bit off.
Maybe I should have called it lolly pop sized. :)

Attachments

• TwinhanRemote_04-26-07_1746.jpg
    TwinhanRemote_04-26-07_1746.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 273
Thank you very much, Brian! I got the remote and the IR receiver yesterday. I'll look for the driver for the IR receiver and test it out tonight. Again, thank you very much for selling me this inexpensive remote.
We have many remotes for the Twinhan. PM or call if you want a OEM unit.

$5 plus shipping...

Hi Anole,
Could you tell me where I can find correct driver for the IR receiver? Mine looks exact like what you showed here. My windows XP won't recognize it.
Thanks
Here's a little picture of the remote and the IR receiver.
I guess hockey puck was a bit off.
Maybe I should have called it lolly pop sized. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)