Any Timeline for the Digital Simulcast of Analogs?

onegeek

Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
Clearwater, FL
This is my first post here......Great Site!

Any news on the Simulcasts of Analog channels for the Tampa Bay BHN Division? I am lucky enough;) to live in one of the great areas where BHN is my only choice, except for DBS which is not a great option for me.

My analog reception sucks, which I've heard is not uncommon on this system. I've been waiting for BHN to make the move. :rolleyes:

BTW, also got my fingers crossed for Starz HD and Starz VOD!! (Might be pushin' it though LOL)

CAN SOMEBODY SAY FIOS! :D

Last edited:
onegeek said:
This is my first post here......Great Site!

Any news on the Simulcasts of Analog channels for the Tampa Bay BHN Division? I am lucky enough;) to live in one of the great areas where BHN is my only choice, except for DBS which is not a great option for me.

My analog reception sucks, which I've heard is not uncommon on this system. I've been waiting for BHN to make the move. :rolleyes:

BTW, also got my fingers crossed for Starz HD and Starz VOD!! (Might be pushin' it though LOL)

CAN SOMEBODY SAY FIOS! :D

Edit...Also just to make sure you know all national programming contracts (ie ESPN, HBO, Starz etc...) for BHN are done in the Time Warner Cable corporate headquarters so when my thread talks about TWC that is why it also applies to BHN areas as well.

I've been told that digital simulcast will start testing very very soon and this was about a month ago and it seems some users have reported some QAM changes to free up about four QAM slots which would be close to enough space for digital simulcasting to be done so that to me says its very close. By the way I used to live in the Tampa Bay area with BHN so I still know people down in those parts. I know live in New Hampshire in Comcast area so keep that in mind as I can't see with my own eyes what is being done in that area.

Also if you want to know about the Starz status please view this thread below as I answered this question so you might want to take a look at it.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=67851

At the link above see the second post which is mine and this should answer your question. Also welcome to SatGuys and I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do and also I'm a Staff Member so if you can any questions, concerns, compliments and/or complaints please feel free to drop me a private message or drop one to any Staff Member. We are all here to help and also keep in mind we do expect rules to be followed but we are very very very easy going so you must go very very far for us to act upon. Just remember this is a place we want you to enjoy your stay.

Again we all welcome you to SatGuys. :welcome

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts