Any trick to getting a DVR receiver upgrade?

bonnjer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
I've been with Dish for a little more than two years now. I have a 222k and a 211k receiver. I'd really like to get a DVR receiver, but when I moved back in June, they said that I wasn't eligible for a free upgrade to a DVR (I wasn't quite to the two year point then). I'd rather not have to pay for the DVR receiver, so is there any trick to getting one?

I've been with Dish for a little more than two years now. I have a 222k and a 211k receiver. I'd really like to get a DVR receiver, but when I moved back in June, they said that I wasn't eligible for a free upgrade to a DVR (I wasn't quite to the two year point then). I'd rather not have to pay for the DVR receiver, so is there any trick to getting one?

If you send me a PM with your phone number or account number, I can see what we can do for you :D

Past 2 years, I would think they would make an offer, assuming on time payments and programing above the "Family" level.

I assume you are replacing the ViP222.

You can, for a one time $40 fee, make the ViP211K into a DVR, for the most part.

Matt got me taken care of. I'm getting the 222 replaced with a 722. Looking forward to finally being able to record some programming for when there's "nothing on" the 250 channels I have, lol. Thanks again Matt!

For $40 fee you can add an external hdd and have dvr.Best way to go imho.You don't get the $6 month dvr fee.

Adding a hard drive to a DVR (622, 722, 722k, etc.) is free.

Adding a hard drive to a non-DVR receiver to TURN it into a DVR (211, etc.) has the $40 fee.

Robert

when did they start the $40 fee again., i thought it was free now?

I wonder if streaming will ever be offered on ViP211 units that have become "DVRs."

Heck. I wonder if streaming will ever be offered on 211's that have NOT become DVRs!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts