Any update on the 5-LNB version of the 3-LNB Reverse Band (3D2LNBR0-02) for 4K reception?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jvfan57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2015
WA
I need this since I am an International channel subscriber.

Or is Directv planning on moving all International channels to their 101° Satellite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't the international channels still come from 95°? The 5 lnb doesn't get that satellite.

What Chip said. A 5 LNB anything will only get a few Chinese channels and the Spanish channels so.... yeah, you need the 95 for anything else international.

I'm assuming Directv is waiting to see how 4K does (given the failure of 3D in the past) before deciding where to move their International channels.

Yes, the 5LNB will NOT get you the international channels, which are still on 95. There's been lots of speculation about how 95 might either be integrated into a new multiswitch yet to be announced, or the 95 channels might be moved.

I was told that a solution wouldn't be on the books until 2020. I hope this isn't true, but seems more likely. DirecTV is aware of this and I was told it's either one or the other. I sub to Korean Programming.

So my only option for 4K right now (if I want to keep my International programming) is to get a C61K to pair up with my HR54 and just view any linear 4K broadcasts?

No, you can watch all the 4K stuff for the moment since you don't need the reverse band LNB yet (later this year maybe?)

Yep,

Have 15 tuners here and need 119W. So want to replace the traditional legacy SL-5 and hot running SWiM-16 along with cleaning up the always ugly four cable runs on the side of the house to the POE with the new Reverse Band 5 LNBF and a single cable run to the POE.

Checking ebay almost every day for the 5D2RBLNBR0-01. No luck so far ...

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Reactions: alnielsen
Yep,

Have 15 tuners here and need 119W. So want to replace the traditional legacy SL-5 and hot running SWiM-16 along with cleaning up the always ugly four cable runs on the side of the house to the POE with the new Reverse Band 5 LNBF and a single cable run to the POE.

Checking ebay almost every day for the 5D2RBLNBR0-01. No luck so far ...

Is this anything that Solid Signal might have ?

No, the 5lnb reverse band is not as yet available anywhere (still in DirecTV test I believe)

Just thought I'd ask in this thread that I created. I don't like my system tinkered with so can I add a C61K to my HR54 SWiM16 & activate myself?

The reverse band 5 has been released to some markets in areas that require 119. I had a tech hook me up with one they had just received on a Service call several weeks ago.

Yes, you can activate the C61k yourself. I ordered an HR54 and C61k from solid signal and had them activated over the phone.

The reverse band 5 has been released to some markets in areas that require 119. I had a tech hook me up with one they had just received on a Service call several weeks ago.

Yes, you can activate the C61k yourself. I ordered an HR54 and C61k from solid signal and had them activated over the phone.
Are you the one in South Point, OH. that got the Reverse Band 5 LNB and posted photos in another thread?

No, the 5lnb reverse band is not as yet available anywhere (still in DirecTV test I believe)
Frankly, not really looking foward to SolidSignal's distribution of it.

I like SS and enjoy their product reviews, informative tech blogs, and customer support. But a lot of their products are on the expensive side to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts