Any update on the Echostar 23 move?

Floating, mostly.

;)

It’s for commercial service to business and gummints. Not to homes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Curious as to its progress and if anyone has heard what it will be doing when it gets to the 72.6 slot next to Nimiq 5.
It will pass by the 61.5w slot in the next couple days. Moving about a half degree per day.

Present plan is to park it 5 degrees or so east of nimiq5 while they wait for Canadian approval to colocate .

It's ITU registry is the United Kingdom, owned by Echostar with FCC license pending for locating at the nimiq 5 slot (since February). No problems with the UK. They are making the present move under a newer FCC permit to park east of nimiq while they wait for the Canadian approval.

They intend to use it to backup or share load with nimiq 5 .

But, all silent on the Canadian front. Too bad John Candy died or he could have taken care of any issues.

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!

Be interesting if Dish lights it up next to Nimiq 5. I now have a 1 meter on Nimiq 5 and that helps boost signal quite a bit. Echostar 23’s signal should be even higher.

Yeah, I miss John Candy 2!

satellites have been and still are often part of the path when we make wireless phone calls using our cell and smartphones. I have to think that dish will be using it's currently underused non-DBS satellite capacity for its Wireless and 5G initiatives. there are more than a few non-DBS EchoStars at different locations that can be leveraged for the coming Wireless and 5G dish services. E23 does have Payloads relevant two being part of a wireless and 5G Network.

Not sure who you talked to about cell phones but you are totally incorrect...cell phones connect to the POTS network either as a IP phone call or a standard call...cell phone calls are no different than landline calls other than the fact the last mile is cellular instead of wired
satellites have been and still are often part of the path when we make wireless phone calls using our cell and smartphones. I have to think that dish will be using it's currently underused non-DBS satellite capacity for its Wireless and 5G initiatives. there are more than a few non-DBS EchoStars at different locations that can be leveraged for the coming Wireless and 5G dish services. E23 does have Payloads relevant two being part of a wireless and 5G Network.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts