Any use for my old Shaw receiver/Dish set up?

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
Several years ago a good Canadian friend offered me a deal I could not refuse. I had my old Shaw SD set up for years and was not using it. He said, buy the new HD receiver and he would connect me to his package as he said that there would be no extra cost. I had his package for several years. It was great. Loved it. Well, a couple years back he passed away. Within a few months of course his satellite service was disconnected. Apparently there was no one around to disconnect it, so after about 3 months Shaw shut it off as the bill wasn't being paid. Then for the last couple of years I have a few in the clear channels like a CTV2, Alberta Access, etc. Now I checked and all of that is now gone. Apparently that probably moved to the G1 bird. I guess there is not much I can do. Even if I wanted to find another friend or a broker, since the receiver was in my friends name, it is useless. Before I take the Shaw Dish down and toss the receiver, I wanted to input if I have any other choice? Is the 60cm Shaw set up any good to use it elsewhere? Thanks.
I still have my old 8.5 foot BUD for C/KU, but I doubt I could even use the Shaw LNBF for anything useful.

Thanks for the advice. I figured as much. I have a 30" Dish I could install in the place for KU I presume. That might even be a bit small.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts