Any value to receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

koneman

Original poster
Feb 4, 2004
Made switch to cable and have a few DTV receivers sitting here. Is there any value to them? Would even be glad to give them away if they can be used by someone. Hate to throw stuff like this into landfill or wherever. No access cards.

1 H20 w/ remote
1 D11 w/ remote
2 HBH-SA w/ remotes

Thanks.

koneman said:
Made switch to cable and have a few DTV receivers sitting here. Is there any value to them? Would even be glad to give them away if they can be used by someone. Hate to throw stuff like this into landfill or wherever. No access cards.

1 H20 w/ remote
1 D11 w/ remote
2 HBH-SA w/ remotes

Thanks.

They MIGHT have some value but your best bet is to toss them. Somebody taking them would require a new 2 year agreement if activated and they're very old receivers that wouldn't be worth it. The HBH's can't even be used anymore

The next user would spend 20$ to get access cards for them. Toss em or target practice.

Give the remotes to friends who still have Directv. Those are pretty old models so......toss em............or take the electronics out and make household safes out of them. Store cash in them...nobody will steal an old dusty sat receiver.

Joe

Give the remotes to friends who still have Directv. Those are pretty old models so......toss em............or take the electronics out and make household safes out of them. Store cash in them...nobody will steal an old dusty sat receiver.

Joe

Pretty good idea there :)

Before shooting them, if they are in Directv's system as owned, which is likely on those, you do have the option to sell them or gift them.

I"ve often seen D11's sell for $20-$40 on ebay or craigslist, even with the new owner needing to buy a new access card. The reason - activating used owned equipment does NOT require a new 18/24 month contract.

The H20 has value too, still does the current HD standard and has the OTA tuner. As long as it is the -100 model it may be worth $30-$50 for the right buyer. I would not sell a H20-600 - they had heat issues and are essentially an unofficial recall, Directv takes them back and doesn't reuse them. They had problems with getting very overheated.

A little effort and you could sell them. Even less - give them to a SatGuy that can use them, post them in the classified as free if they pay the cost of shipping.

jcrandall said:
Before shooting them, if they are in Directv's system as owned, which is likely on those, you do have the option to sell them or gift them.

I"ve often seen D11's sell for $20-$40 on ebay or craigslist, even with the new owner needing to buy a new access card. The reason - activating used owned equipment does NOT require a new 18/24 month contract.

The H20 has value too, still does the current HD standard and has the OTA tuner. As long as it is the -100 model it may be worth $30-$50 for the right buyer. I would not sell a H20-600 - they had heat issues and are essentially an unofficial recall, Directv takes them back and doesn't reuse them. They had problems with getting very overheated.

A little effort and you could sell them. Even less - give them to a SatGuy that can use them, post them in the classified as free if they pay the cost of shipping.

The H20 is good since it has an OTA antenna built in, especially for people who "move" and still want to view their local through their receiver.

I've got OLD stuff, H10's and before ... they have little or no value to anyone, they are Mpeg 2 only and the 10 was the 1st gen of HD recvr IIRC. RCA's sitting around as well, I generally toss them when I think about it ...

Target practice seems to put them to good use !

I've got OLD stuff, H10's and before ... they have little or no value to anyone, they are Mpeg 2 only and the 10 was the 1st gen of HD recvr IIRC. RCA's sitting around as well, I generally toss them when I think about it ...

Target practice seems to put them to good use !

Hmmmmmm?

Next time you fly somewhere duct tape a wind up alarm clock to one of the RCAs with a few tp tubes and let the TSA wonks pee themselves.

Or just leave it on the curb.

Joe

You might check to see if Best Buy would recycle them. I've recycled a number of used electronics with them. I've haven't checked lately if they still have their recycling program but might be worht checking

Actually I am sending the two HBH-SAs to a SG member for the cost of shipping. He called DTV to check and they said my H20 and D11 are leased. That's interesting cause when I cancelled they told me I owned all of them and that all I had to send back was the cards. I haven't heard anything more - even got a refund check followed by statement showing a $0 balance. Been more than 2 months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)