Any Voom installs in Los Angeles and surrounding areas?

Same problem

golem said:
hey guys, i got voom installed with the new software revision and cant seem to pick up KNBC... either it doesnt tune when i turn to ch.4 or it gives me ktla-hd... this may be related to the fact that when i scan for OTA channels, it shows that it picked up KNBC on RF 36 and 37, is there anyway to fix this?

Hi -- I live in LA, and have the same problem with channel 4... signal strength 94, picture, 0.

There is a bug in the OTA scanning of the 06.00 firmware that VOOM is shipping in newer boxes. The bug gives problems when trying to lock a channel in the 36 - 37 Mhz range, which is where Channel 4 resides. This is the major bug they are trying to squelch before releasing the updated firmware to the whole population. If you can survive with the "mapped" channels, then you can do a STB factory reset and Voom will send 05.68 software to you, which should give you channel 4.1 back again.

do you have to call in and request the old firmware to be loaded to your box?

i dont really mind not having nbc at the moment.. but would like to be able to see it before the olympics hit...

Tonight I have signal quality of 67 on channel 4.1 KNBC but NO AUDIO? Is this my box or do others in the Los Angeles area have the same problem?

All of my other locals are fine. I do the normal channel up / channel down, but no matter what the audio isn't showing up.

tdillon said:
Tonight I have signal quality of 67 on channel 4.1 KNBC but NO AUDIO? Is this my box or do others in the Los Angeles area have the same problem?

All of my other locals are fine. I do the normal channel up / channel down, but no matter what the audio isn't showing up.

Reset your box, channel 4 KNBC was having a problem tonight, reset my box now all is fine.

I turned to watch something else. 30 minutes later and the audio was back on NBC. Thanks for confirming that it was them and not me :)

I too have the missing channel 4. I called them about it & they said that local chnls. are a bonus. :eek: :(

Anyone else having stretched pictures on some SD channels, when everything else is right ?

Are the KABC-DT channels 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 up right now? I can't get any signal at 53 MHz and I don't know if I am having multipath problems or if the station is off the air at the moment. I can receive the analog channel 7 perfectly at the moment through my OTA antenna.

What Does VOOM Provide and exclude For The Installation.

Did any of you have to provide your Multi-Switch for Voom? I was told I'll have to for the installation.Also,do any of you have the 24 inch Voom Dish?
My install is this week.

Poor install in Laguna Hills. These guys do not keep appointments, or call when you have an appointment. I event called to verify the day before!!!! I am changing over to D*.

I had an appointmentt today between 12N - 5 PM for an installer to come and fix my problem of not being able to get ANY local stations. He finally called at 3 PM and said he wasn't given the antenna so he couldn't help me. I said this was unacceptable and I called his supervisor, who said his name was Stephen Murphy. He said he would check into the problem and call me back in 20 minutes. It is now over 1 hour and nobody from VOOM has called me back nor has the installer showed up. It is now 4:12 PM and I have waited all afternoon for VOOM to show up. I think VOOM installers and technicians SUCK! They really need to improve their Customer Service!!!

voomers in south orange county

hi, just wondering if there are voomers in south orange county(ladera ranch)? our home won't be built until august so that gives us time to decide. seems as if LR highly promotes cox cable. pros/cons are greatly appreciated! thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts