Any Voom installs in Los Angeles and surrounding areas?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My Voom was installed two weeks ago and all is working just fine. I am in Huntington Beach just South of LA (Los Angeles) and have a clear view of the SE horizon. No issues at this time.

I live in Simi Valley which is outside of Los Angeles. Other than a nightmare for instillation, I am actually pretty happy with the service. The only problem is that I do not get local channels at all. The CSR told me there would be a 10 to 11 month fix.

In Glendale I get most of the locals ok but have had issues with the STB . If you haven't had DirecTV you will be happy with Voom as long as you go with the VA VA Voom package. If you have or had DTV you may not be so happy with Voom. The SD channels on voom are limited and just don't look as good as DTV.

I was installed today in Santa Monica, everything working good.You should get the installers to give you a Square Shotter out there in Simi! You will get your locals with it!

My OTA is a Radio Shack #15-2185. Mt. Wilson is 40.9 miles away and they come in exceptionally clear. (The Antenna is mounted in my attic, not on my house) Worked great with DTV and now with Voom.

Installs Inc. came out today to intall voom. They were 2 hours late and after an hour and and a half of trying couldn't find a path through the short trees to aim the dish. I'm pretty bumbed. I've had it with DTV not adding channels. I was wondering if anybody knew if Voom knew about the low angle problem and was going to do anything about it?

I'm in Redondo Beach, a bit further west than Gardena. I have VERY clear line of sight to the east, and you NEED clear LOS. The elevation is virtually zero! Signal strength is 96-97. No problem so far, but it has not rained since install.

Name of installer and how you would rate him/her

Will get voom installed on the 4th. I've talked to the installer Thomas and voiced my concerns and he seemed to be a good egg. I thanked him for calling me and doing a great job answering all my questions and he told me not to thank hikm till he gets me a signal.
So I was wondering those around tje LA area, who installed your voom and how would you rate him

Hey Hawk,

I think Thomas is the same guy I had. He did not have to do a OTA for me so it took him about an hour.

He's a young guy, knowlageable, things should go well for you. He used to be an actor and a catcher.

Seawaves said:
He used to be an actor and a catcher.

So what your saying is he's a good catch? Sorry, couldn't resist! Thank you for all the information and understanding of my excessive posts.
It's just that waiting for my instalation on the 4th is like a 4 year old waiting for Christmas! :bounce

He might be a good catch for someone other than me. I was really saying he was chatty. I think you'll find Voom worth the wait.

Once- your box gets the update. The old software is real buggy. Hey- is there such a thing as excessive posts? Not in my boook.

I talked my neighbor into getting Voom yesterday. He had just bought a hi-def TV. I didn't even have to show him my Voom.

one word: oooooommmmmmmmmmm

Seawaves said:
I talked my neighbor into getting Voom yesterday. He had just bought a hi-def TV. I didn't even have to show him my Voom.

Well, I hope he gets it. I know very few people who have any type of HDTV. I overheard a customer talking to his friend saying he had HDTV, so I stuck my nose in it. He told me he had D* and said he only watched the sports on it. I told him I was getting Voom. He complained it was to many channels for the price. Go figure!

Also, Ive read other threads that the quality isn't the best and a bit fuzzy have you noticed that?

Hawkster,

No- my PQ is great. I got Voom for the HD content and I love it. I'm having some signal issues with my OTA but Voom did not install that. I had a DirecTV HD box and it could not give my signal quality. (just said "good") The Voom box gives me a number and has helped me to realize there is a pointing problem with my Weigard OTA.

I good/great TV is the start of being happy with Voom. I have a plasma TV and I think it helps. The picture on TNTHD with the Lakers was amazing. DCHD had a show on leopards and it made so happy to be with Voom.

That said, the channels will breakup while tuning so the STB software still needs soome updates.

I would like to hear how your install goes.

Lee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)