Any voomers in/around Columbus, OH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

asearls

Original poster
Mar 19, 2004
Just trying to get some info on voomers here in ohio, I have an install scheduled for next Thursday. Any info on installers or service, ota broadcasts. I live in Zanesville. thanks to everyone for the great forum. :yes

I am in Cleveland, but the last installer that visited me on Saturday to exchange the STB was actually from Columbus. He knew VOOM very well! Was able to re-connect all the cables without looking at the labels! Very impressive! Do you know the name of your local company that is assigned to your install?

I'm just outside of Columbus in Lancaster. www.prostardigital.com was my local installer. The guy that did my setup did a great job and was knowledgable about the VOOM config. I'm 18-22 miles from the OTA Towers. I get 4,6,10,28,34,51,53 OTA's with the provided Stealth antenna with amplifier installed. Great to finally enjoy HD on my HDTV after a year. The PQ on the VOOM and OTA has been great.

Welcome to VOOM and good luck with your install.

Thanks for the quick replies, this message board has helped me make the choice to try Voom. Prostardigital will also be doing my install. Sounds like you get great ota, i'm hoping being a few miles further out won't cause too many problems. Zanesville isn't that far from Lancaster. How long have you had Voom. and do you consider the pq on hd and sd to be as good as cable. I have had time warner hd for a few weeks and the picture is unreal. It is unfortunate that I can only get 5 hd channels, hence the change to voom. I'm really pumped and can hardly wait.

I am from north of Columbus...and my install is now set for Monday afternoon. I do have a complain about Pro Star Digitals customer service...I have talked to them twice by phone, and the lady was exceptionally rude.

I am about 50 miles Northwest...wonder if I can get the OTA channels from Columbus?

Shaun M.

I believe it was Pro Star Digital who did my STB exchange last week. Have nothing bad to say about them. They seem to know what they are doing.

General advice though (regardless of your installer): make sure to get in touch with your installer one day before the install and confirm that they have received your equipment. This may save you a lot of time...

My install is set for May 5 and Prostar digital was mentioned as the likely installer. I am in Brunswick, Ohio (Cleveland Metro area). It sound like they know what they are doing!?

Columbus Ohio Intalls

Anyone have any god or bad experiences specific to Columbus, Oh?

Pro Star Digital is set to install mine next week.

very good. I called them. The guy I talked to seemed to know all the questions I was going to ask before I asked them. Maybe he's been grilled from someone on the board before? :D

thanks

Seems like they are doing all of the installs in Ohio. Came all the way to Cleveland to change out my box to the 2nd generation unit(which is what you will get to start with). Good luck to you.

ya know, when you use the search function, I gues it helps to search for the correct spelling and make sure you search for the correct spelling. Searching for colombus came up empty. What a retard I am!

Thanks! :D

i am now vooming in ohio now

the installer finally showed up yesterday, first thing came out of his mouth was, i cant guarentee that i can get you any local channels, the antenna only picks up 35 miles away from them and we are only 30 miles from them with a our local pax station less then 5 mins from us here, but he did get every channel on va va voom to come in for me, he hooked up my tv with the dvi cable, the pic is super clear on my jvc 48 in high def tv, no problem, but before he left i asked him why he didnt put up the antenna for local channels and he said it was not worth the bother to put one up so he took it with him and left, so i called voom and they are sending another install for the local antenna, the csr told me that they would send me the best antenna that they offer with an amplifier included, so i have a couple questions, everytime i turn my tv off with the dvi cable hooked to it, it also turns the voom receiver off also, is this supposed to do this because i had to leave my tv on all nite in order for it to be able to record, then i got up and turned the tv off this am, it shut the voom rec off, then when i turned it back on this morning, it had lost all the program info for the channels, is this supposed to happen? also my program planner is not working, when i click on it, it keeps telling me that, this is not installed yet and to contact voom? i am very well pleased with the pic clarity it beautiful especially finding nemo on starz hd last nite, yes i didnt get much rest last nite i was so excited with the lineup. i am happy to be aboard the voom wagon now!!!

shaun-ohio,

Welcome to VOOM!
I recommend you leave your STB turned off (in standby) at night, so it would be able to receive the software update, which is usually delivered early in the morning. You are probably still on 05.08. The Program Planner will work after the update.
Make sure the STB is plugged in to an independent power outlet that is not being turned off.

Where exactly in Ohio are you located, so we could name this thread accordingly?

From the sound of it, your installer must not have been from Prostar Digital. Maybe they will be the ones you get on the second trip. At any rate, welcome to the growing list of Ohio Voomers.

Yes, Welcome. If you had Pro Star Digital, I am surprised they didn't even try. Pro STart is coming back out for a 5th time for me to try to get all the locals. Voom ordered some new ant. I have the Wingard now and I am only 12 miles from Columbus.

thanks, i live in newark ohio which is 35 miles from columbus, yes thats what i thought when he didnt even offer to try and put an antenna up, yes he was from prostar digital in westerville, anyhow i love voom the pic quality is great yes i am still on the old software version 5.08 i think it is, but the thing is when i turn the tv off the sat rec goes into the standby mode, so will the new software take care of this, because in order for me to be able to record onto my replaytv i need to let the tv on until i get the program planner with the new software, in the standby mode will the rec come back on and change the channel for me? i have directv phase 3 dish on top of my trailer and it gets from 90-100 signal level, the installer could of at least mounted the ota antenna on top of it, but thats just my opinion, i love this forum group but anyhow im from newark ohio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts