Any Voomers in Springfield, MO?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gamgee

Original poster
Mar 26, 2004
The local Sears was not very helpful... everything I know about VOOM, I have pretty much relied on forums and the VOOM website for information.

I have regional-specific questions about VOOM (local channel availability, installer experiences, etc.), and would like to hear from any in the Springfield, MO area...

I live in Marshfield. I have an install set for the 31st. I will post to let you know how it goes. I believe the only OTA channel is KY3, at least thats all my setup box picks up.

monetteboy,

The website that Voom re-directs us to when determining what the local channel line-up would be shows channels 3, 10 and 27 as being mapped through Voom.

...which I'm still not very clear on. Does this mean that these will go through the Voom satellite, another satellite that the Voom dish will pick up, or just through the OTA antenna that Voom provides? And if the latter is true, why are those three channels the only ones listed, out of the seven possible channels that cover all the locals we should be retrieving?

This is one of the primary stumbling blocks to my signing up... no one in my area has provided any experience, and I am hesitant to become not only one of Voom's beta testers, but also our local early adopter. I like a little more stability with the services I pay hard-earned money for.

Do you have any idea who is performing the installation? I suppose contacting whomever has actually installed locally would be my next step in retrieving information...

Close, but no cigar

Sorry. I'm in St. Louis, and (as near as I can tell) we are the only two posters in Missouri.

I have my own OTA questions, but... alas it is my fate to be the pioneer who makes the mistakes for all the St. Louis VOOMers that will follow.

monetteboy,

Just curious as to whether or not you went ahead with the install... I noticed on another thread that you have having problems with the deal you thought you were getting...

I am likely going to wait; at least until I can take care of my two rooms for a competitive price, and until I know more about the local channel availability. I am definitely looking for a single service; I cannot justify nearly $100\month for the content that is currently available...

Reality show of the week, network simple-mindedness, and I sure as heck don't get off on the whole sports thing...

Nixa, Missouri
my install has been rescheduled for this thursday they said there wasn't any voom equipment in Missouri

I am in Branson, Missouri. Scheduled for install on 9/28/04. Installer is out of Springfield. Will update after install. Looking forward to HDTV as Cox here has no plans to offer. SD channels not as issue with me as I will need to keep my cable service for cable modem internet for now.

Update from Branson, Missouri.

Install today. Voom channels are great. May have bad LNA as half of the SD channels do not come in, polarity issue? Installer to be back on Sat. to fix. Did not discover while he was here, too busy looking at HD stations and almost all bad ones are SD. Able to contact Voom and have help within a few min. Great tech support so far.

Had to cut one large tree limb for good disk location to see sat. Good thing I had a long ladder and a chain saw handy. Ran signal in on existing cable run. Seems to work fine. Both cable TV and sat. feed through one line without problems and minimal impact on house.

No local stations as all (two :) ) are low power and far off. Oh well, the fun of living in a Missouri Ozarks town of 6,000 even if 8,000,000 people come to visit each year. They do not come here to watch TV but to go to shows, the lakes, etc. Come vacation in Branson sometime as it is a great place. Just hope you do not need to come see me at work while you are here - I work in the local hospital ER.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)