Any way around it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rickberk

Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
Long Island, NY
Ok... Former D* customer several years ago. Cable came in with the Triple Play offer and now I'm with that (Cablevision). I'm thinking seriously about DirecTV but just can't get past the expense of the equipment.

Right now I have 2 HD DVR's, and one standard cable box. I want a comparable setup from DirecTV, but I just can't see paying $200 per box or more for the HD DVRs. I will not compromise on the setup.

Does anyone know of a provider or offer that gets me around spending $500 on equipment up front?

Thanks in advance...
Rick

Only suggestion I have is keep calling customer service and ask for special discounts. Explain your situation.

Or you could sign up with HD without DVR at lower cost. Stay with few months and call back and speak to customer retention and ask for upgrade hopefully at free or lower price.

Have you called them yet... tell them your with Cable and would like to come back and tell them what rec's you have and what you would need and see if they will deal with you, I would imagine that they will, seeing your a former sub.

Jimbo

I've called several times, and they continue to call me every few months to bring me back. At this point, I just can't justify the startup costs. Free is a different story, which by the way, made it so easy to switch to cable. At the time, Cable had more HD, the HD DVR for free (ok well, lease), and the triple play pricing. They won't go past the standard $100 off the first HD DVR. The second one is at the usual $299 or whatever...

You already left once, why should they offer you a better deal than a new customer gets? You already proved your lack of loyalty.

You already left once, why should they offer you a better deal than a new customer gets? You already proved your lack of loyalty.

Are you loyal, we have to trust what you say Boba? Common know guy or girl. It is what works best for the consumer not the company.
:confused:

Why should anybody be loyal when a company is not loyal to you? This is a free society, you can pick or chose what you want at any time. Be a man or a woman and not afraid of what others think of your decisions. DirecTV an other carriers are playing on your conscience.

Why should anybody be loyal when a company is not loyal to you? This is a free society, you can pick or chose what you want at any time. Be a man or a woman and not afraid of what others think of your decisions. DirecTV an other carriers are playing on your conscience.

Sure thing, just dont look for a handout.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)