Any way to change nightly update time from 1am to 3am?

joustx

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
texas
i was able to do this with the vip 722 but cant seem to find the option with me hoper

I thought you would be able to change it, looked over the manual and cannot find anything. Hopefully it would be slated for an upcoming software update. I'm sure 1 am will affect someone's regular viewing time and Dish should include it soon.

You can't so that with the Hopper, it's 1AM unless you are recording something at that time.

Its 1 AM. But if you happen to have a timer set at lets say 1:15AM or 1:30AM, the update time will still fire and you are likely to miss at least part of the recording. This is espcially true if you have an 1-2 TB EHD connected as it takes nearly an hour for the update to finish due to the fsck it runs on the EHD.

We definitely need an option for this. A 1am interruption is a major PITA for my personal usage patterns. I'm almost always watching CNN or something else at that time. In fact most of our TV viewing is at night and never during the day so my preference would be to have the ability to change the update time to some time mid morning when we never are watching. It's very frustrating to have this interruption every night. I know one can simply answer no to the prompt but then you don't get the update at all.

IMO 1am is too early.... some people are still up watching late-late shows. Not sure why they didn't make it 3am like the VIP's.
Hopefully a future software update will let users change it.

The update will retry on the hour if the request is cancelled, and will continue to try untill it can update. So if you tell it no at 1AM, it will retry at 2AM, ect...

Thanks, that's good to know. I do seem to fall asleep before the next popup. Glad that's the case but would still like to see this be configurable by the user.

ralfaro said:
Thanks, that's good to know. I do seem to fall asleep before the next popup. Glad that's the case but would still like to see this be configurable by the user.

Yes. We all would!!!!:)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts