Installing Dish 1000 EA with vip222

ronbo1

Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
New york
On the Vip222 installation screen it shows only Dish 300 or 500, no Dish 1000. Also only sat listed is 61.5 for the eastern arc. It looks like it needs a big update. I seem to have a decent signal using a meter. How do I do a download?

On the Vip222 installation screen it shows only Dish 300 or 500, no Dish 1000. Also only sat listed is 61.5 for the eastern arc. It looks like it needs a big update. I seem to have a decent signal using a meter. How do I do a download?
First thing you should do is a check switch. You need to be seeing at least 61.5 and 72. You would only need 77 if your locals are on it.

77 is only used for some locals and dish latino...The sattelites on installation screen mean nothing as far as install goes dont worry about that.After running checkswitch if pointed properly you should see 61 and 72...the downloads come from 61 so you can still do downloads but many channels need 72

Thanks for the info.
I see patience is needed for the tests to complete. Although only 61.5 was available at the start I now see 61.5, 72 and 77 are indicated OK on the Installation Summary screen.
I'm downloading now...and waiting.

Installation complete and I'm satisfied with the signal. Fifty plus for 61.5, 72, 77.

Ran into a problem with the non-penetration roof mount. It came with a mast of 1.125", however, the Dish 1000 required the 1.166" diameter which Surveillent quickly sent.

Ronbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts