Any way to get a better deal?

if you can list the channels that they are watching, then perhaps it would be easier for everyone to recommend a cheaper package that has all those channels

Unfortunately, there is at least one channel watched by someone that is missing in all of the lower priced packages. It seems the only solution for now is to drop the premium movie channels.

Yep. Even though I have NEVER had the protection plan, I have not spent a penny on upgrades, replacements or returns. In 2012, I got a free Roku, $50 instant credit and another $10 off for a year. THEN, the three or four times I've gotten HBO and Showtime free for three months. So, from where I sit, Dish has been VERY fair to me. AND, I'm enjoying the best DVR tech out there.
Completely different experience here. Minimal charge for Dish Mover pkg in 1999. I have the protection plan. Paid for HD Free for Life. Dish pushed for the upgrade from SD to HD in which I receiver calls,email, and letters in the mail.When I called to have the upgrade they insisted I pay for it. I read the letter and gave the code that was on the letter which stated the upgrade would be free of charge,finally she agreed to the upgrade as it was described in the letter. I have paid fees on "some" of the replacements/returns on "their" equipment which I lease.No free Roku, I bought 2 of my own. No $50 instant credit.

I did get a monthly credit for the DVR fees they were charging me for a SD receiver I owned that was supposed to be deactivated with the HD upgrade from SD. Can't DVR a 512 with the HD system as per tech so I assumed(bad me) the tech deactivatted the 512 when he activated the HD receivers on the phone. Had Dish come for a service call being the 8" extension between the dish and the base snapped. I was charged a $50 custom service charge even with the protection plan. I called Dish, the CSR credited my account for that amount,she had no idea what the "custom service" was all about. Was nothing special,he looked at the dish laying on the roof,said they should never had installed the dish where it was and the tech were told not to use the extension. He then asked if I would mind if he moved the dish location on the roof.

Being I had until a couple of days ago the AEP pkg,any free premiums were meaningless to me. I cannot afford the Hopper upgrade so I continue on with a 722k and 2-612s. So I have the older tech. So I guess some get better treatment than others.

Last edited:
Just to follow up. My mom finally tried to cancel today, and they extended the discount for an additional 6 months. So for now, they are keeping the same package as before. However, she is on a mission to convince my dad to go totally OTA + Netflix + possibly FTA. I can't say I blame her since they need the extra cash these days. Yet, my dad is stuck on National Geographic's "Brain Games" for now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts