Any Way to Get Around CBS/Time-Warner website viewing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
I'm a DISH customer on Maui and my internet account is through Earthlink via the Oceanic Time Warner pipe.

We lost our DISH NBC and CBS because of the Raycom dispute. As a result, I tried watching "Under The Dome" on the CBS website. As far as I know, that should be possible because the dispute is with Raycom and not CBS. Unfortunately, the CBS site seems to be reading a Time Warner IP address and blocks my viewing on the website because of CBS/Time Warner dispute.

I have not found anything at the CBS site - maybe I'm just overlooking it. Is there any way to let the CBS site know I'm a DISH customer (kinda like PAC 12 network) to get around the Time Warner blockage?

Well I know of at least one way around it, but discussing it might be a violation of this site's ToS.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not that I've found :( I'm in the same boat, Dish is my TV provider, but TWC is my Internet pipe. I sent a nastygram to CBS via their contact us page on Saturday, NO RESPONSE as of now :(

I'm NOT happy with ANY of them right now.

Glad I think CBS programming mostly sucks as I'm missing nothing at the moment. I not only have TWC internet, but Raycom supplies my CBS affiliate. And their OTA signal is the worst full power station in town.

Under The Dome, available through Amazon,also will be released on DVD(to buy)very soon.Doesnt help too much now.It might be better on DVD anyway.
Releasing on DVD for 49.99.or Blu Ray 79.99 on November 5th through Amazon

VPN is about the only way to get around it.You could ask Dish for some credits to purchase the shows on Amazon.

Yes, legal ways are proxy server (Foxy Proxy :) such a cute name) or VPN or VPN service. I suppose this is just one more reason that affirms my choice to use VPN. I did so primarily for security reasons, but I also love entertainment in other countries AND my ISP doesn't know where I've been. It really is NONE of my ISP's business. One does not necessarily need to use the VPN at all times, as it does reduce the speed of your internet, but I get no less than 5Mbps guaranteed. I don't often feel the reduced speed of my 30Mbps provided by my ISP as the 5Mbps is quite satisfactory for video streaming even HD. I use it when I need it. I'm lazy and I just use a service for about $9 per month. Best $9 per month I spend.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, and it may have already been mentioned, but if you have Amazon Prime, you can stream them a day or so after the air date (no extra cost).

If I am not mistaken, and it may have already been mentioned, but if you have Amazon Prime, you can stream them a day or so after the air date (no extra cost).

Actually,the new content like that,still costs per episode.

Actually,the new content like that,still costs per episode.

Generally that is correct, however I think CBS made a deal with amazon to make this an exclusive for prime members.

Edit:
Yep, in fact, now that I think about it, thats how I caught the first episode.

If you happened to miss the series premiere of the new CBS show Under the Dome, this is just a friendly reminder that it’s now available to stream on Amazon Prime Instant Video.And this is not a one-time thing. All episodes of Under the Dome will hit Amazon Prime Instant Video just four days after their original broadcast, thanks to a deal Amazon made with CBS back in February. It’s an exclusive deal, meaning no other streaming service offers the show.
http://www.webpronews.com/miss-unde...-it-now-on-amazon-prime-instant-video-2013-06

Proxy server or......why doesn't everyone who has Dish also have an antenna as a backup?!

Considering how long Charlie has complained about local retransmission costs and the many difficult negotiations and channels being dropped, I'm surprised Dish hasn't come up with some alternative method as more OTA antennas and more OTA modules, but it is probably way more cost than Chuck will tolerate.

I am in the same boat, with DISH as my TV provider, and TWC for internet. Fortunately I am in an area where a modest rooftop TV antenna is plenty to bring in all of our local channels. I am concerned that next time DISH has to renew with CBS that it will be our turn to have the CBS O&O stations removed. It happened back in 2004 for a short time, and I am sure it will happen again. As an alternative to get the CBS programming online, a VPN is definitely the way to go. There are a number of free ones out there. The one I use gives me 500 MB free per month and allows me to appear to be in the US, UK, Canada, or Denmark. It comes in handy for using the BBC iPlayer :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts