Any way to get decent deal these days? Has "Dish'n it up" been dumped down the drain?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdr01930

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2005
Gloucester, MA
Back on this forum for the first time in a few, maybe several years - have had no real problems and was basically on cruise control with Dish until...

My rates went way up a month or so ago after my latest commitment ended. I've been with Dish for close to 20 years, and it used to be when one term ended, they'd have another deal to offer ("Dish'n It Up" or whatever). Not this time, best they would do is take $10 per month off for a 2 year vommitment. I declined to lock that in, hoping there will be some way to do better. I may just go cord cutter route anyway, as I've been using Hulu (free with Sprint), Netflix etc more and more and Dish less and less.

Any suggestions on how to get a better deal? I did indicate I may leave (which is true). Figured I'd wait a month to see if any new deals popped up. Did there used to be a section on the forum here with Dish reps would help out? Or maybe that was just tech support?

I have AT120, locals, Hopper3 and a wireless Joey.

Good to be back here anyway - I even remembered my password!

you could save $12 a month if you get the ota dondle for hopper and hook it to an outside ant. Some markets/ customers Dish was doing this for free. Or use locast for your locals. ( not able to record locals this way without other stuff ).

Not this time, best they would do is take $10 per month off for a 2 year vommitment.

I think you must have been talking to a regular CSR. You need to talk to retentions (like I did). If they are not forthcoming, tell them you really are thinking of cutting the cord. I predict they will make you happy.

Go find all the competing offers from other providers and streamers. My internet package with Comcast was coming up - and I figured I could save a boatload by bundling. Took some time, but found retention, and cut a deal close to Comcast's 2 year bundle deal. $35 off a month.

Go find all the competing offers from other providers and streamers. My internet package with Comcast was coming up - and I figured I could save a boatload by bundling. Took some time, but found retention, and cut a deal close to Comcast's 2 year bundle deal. $35 off a month.

Yes, Best to have actual #s from other providers before contacting Dish or any service you're trying to get a better deal from.

Great advice, PortlandChris.

JS_SMD

same deal. own my equipment. fox local has been off air for a year but still pay full locals. hopper, joey, dvr fees are really the crazy part. Pretty much only watch about 5 channels anymore. really should just cancel and go streaming. I almost never watch live tv anymore so i really appreciate the ability to aggregate all my stuff into one screen, just not sure it's worth $130/month

I got $20 off a month for 2 years this time via a contract. Not as good as the $30, but the amount for the 2 years is locked in with no increases either. So not bad. I also have been with Dish for over 20 years.
Does that include the regular proposed increase that they have in January?

I'm on a 2 year price lock for 4 more months.

I'll renew in February. AT200 with 1 H3 and 1 Joey 2.0.

My monthly bill is just under $100 per month with a $15 discount on the AT200 and $5 eAutopay savings and a $5 DVR savings applied.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I been with them since 2004 and renewed this year with a 30.00$ dollars per month for 24 months and a one time credit of 40.00 $ , they offered my mom the same deal and she only been with them 2 years she renewed also.also half price showtime and starz for 6 month and they keep renewing that price so far.I pay 155.00 roughly Hopper 3, Top 250, 5 Joeys, Movie Pack,Showtimes,Starz,Locals from Dish.

I had the same problem a month ago and when I talk to the first person I got no where. She turned me over to another dept and it took awhile to get through it. He offered me two prices.
The first was 10 dollar discount. When that didnt work he offered 15. At point I told him I would just have to shop around. He came back with 40 bucks off. That brought it back to what I had been paying for my two year promotion. I of course accepted. It seems they have three prices to offer. Be nice. It took awhile. It was a one year contract.

Reactions: TheKrell
I'm starting to feel better about paying $133 for everything pack minus locals using OTA with a VIP222K and VIP 211K on 3 TV's No contract pay as you go account

Reactions: Howard Simmons
My 2-year contract is up at the end of this month. So from reading the above I should just call in to Dish's normal phone number and play CSR roulette until I get a deal?

My 2-year contract is up at the end of this month. So from reading the above I should just call in to Dish's normal phone number and play CSR roulette until I get a deal?
No you need to call retention-it's a special number.Maybe someone can post(feeling too lazy to search myself).Also unless things have changed you can take the discount or the price lock-not both.

I believe that you can still get the 40 dollar credit for a 1 year contract you will have to call and ask for it . Also you can re up it next year . It does come with a contract but 1 year is pretty fair .

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I got 40.00 off a month for one year. It brought me down to the amount I have been paying the last two years. It took some time talking and you have to be nice. This deal will be up in October. Call back until someone helps you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)