Any way to reactivate OTA after kill signal?

mgh

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 26, 2004
If the boxes are ours, can someone come up with a way to get OTA again? Cancelled two weeks too soon.

mgh

i don't think they are a way to do this once they are deactived the are done.

t

I tried calling Voom to reactivate my boxes when I noticed they deactivated them 3 days earlier than I requested and the CSR told me that they cannot reactivate them. So if your boxes were deactivated, there is no way back to reactivating the OTA tuner. I sure wish there was a way to get the OTA tuner working.

Has anyone thought of asking someone at Motorola? Mine both work, but for those of you with dead boxes it might be worth a call. Worst thing they can do is say no.

Bob H.

Check out this website.....

It's by a member here named Ultratryon. He is working on a project to figure out how to simulate a "hit" or activation to the box by using his computer. He cannot post the information in his website on these forums due to the risk of Motorola finding out and possibly bringing a lawsuit against satellite guys for information regarding the reverse engineering of the receivers. If you want to see his on-going progress or make a comment or question, here's the address:
http://www.ultatryon.com/

Lilyarbie, I figure it is just a matter of time before someone comes up with software we can download for the STBs. If people can come up with circut boards and software to hack all the satellite services then we will see software for the 550 at some point. I can still get new software for my 10 year old MPEG-2 FTA receiver although manufacturer support has long went away.

I am doing my best with this, and I made some calls to motorola for help.. hopefully we will have an easy solution.. Right now I am still working on proof of concept.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts