jimmykce1 - trying to kill the V* forum?

klen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 13, 2004
I can appreciate your trying to move almost every remaining thread from the Voom forum to the Dishnetwork forum, but without the (related to voom) Dishnetwork threads here, what would be left of this forum? Would people just sit here and exchange messages about how their OTA looks on their Voom box? Would there be a raging debate about whether or not Voom will pick the boxes up? Would even more time be wasted on why Voom failed as a DBS provider? Would you discuss the picture quality of Voom's totally blank screen? Does the blank screen look better at 1080i or 720p?

Voom is now Dish. Anything about Dish can go here. It's not that big of a deal.

I have had much better luck getting responses re: new Dish items after VOOM here than at the Dishnetwork--they have never had VOOM Customer Service and sometimes either ignore or are a little disgruntled with newbies who ask dumb questions for the switchover--hey, give us at least 90 days to make this switchover and then move the messages. I am posting on Dishnet, too--but sometimes there are messages re: HDTV in the regular forum and vice versa.

vote for 720i

klen said:
Does the blank screen look better at 1080i or 720p?
QUOTE]
I had been looking at the srceen and thought that 720p was better then 1080i. I think that might be do to the obis of blackness really only being 540 lines current at any one time with 1080i. Maybe the black is fading into gray scale before the next 540 hits the screen. So with that noted I go for 720p. But then again I think I saw a hick up in the 720 for a moment. Well maybe not.

-scott

For the record, I still come to the 'new Voom' posts first when I come to this forum, and I am switching to D*, not E*...

scottie_h said:
For the record, I still come to the 'new Voom' posts first when I come to this forum, and I am switching to D*, not E*...
Me too, scottie h...but I'm not switching to anyone...I can't quite figure out why it would bother anyone whether this forum remains or not...it's real easy to just not come here if you've moved on and are happy with your desicison. :confused: Vicki :)

Vicki said:
Me too, scottie h...but I'm not switching to anyone...I can't quite figure out why it would bother anyone whether this forum remains or not...it's real easy to just not come here if you've moved on and are happy with your desicison. :confused: Vicki :)
To continue on what Vicki is saying. I have not switched yet. I am with TW on a month to month until late June to see what D* is going to do. This VoOm forum seams to be a general forum of what Ex-VoOmer are doing. It is a melding of ideas. A family that does not want to say good bye yet. The majority of the members here are our friends. There is a use for the VoOm forum for many and until such time as it becomes less active then it should exist as it does today. Just look at the member stats (visits/hits) to the VoOm area. I for one invite anyone who thinks different to go into one of the other Forums like E* or D*. I am sure they will welcome you with open arms. I wish you well in the future with HD. One last thing. Out of site .... out of mind. In other words the more you talk about a negitive the more you make people aware of it or assist them in placing it in the front of their mind. This will allow what you don't want to happen to happen. So those of you that want to be negitive leave us to enjoy this forum alone.
To the members in charge....Thank you,

-scott

No! No! No!

I wasn't trying to get the VoOm forum shutdown. I was just suggesting putting post in the forum to should be in, but it looks like some people get so bent out of wack!! Maybe we need to rename this forum VoOm Programming Forum.

I do still come to this forum even though I did move to another provider. I am sorry if I have offended some of you, but didn't intend sound like I wanted this forum shut down by any means.

I did enjoy my VaVaVooming for a little over a year.

Jimmy,

A number of us are happy with the associations we have made here and prefer to post in the VOOM Forum for an unknown period of time. While it is true that out posts should more appropriately be placed in the Dish Network Forum, right now some of us will lurk over there and post our questions here since many of us are in the same boat. I'm sure the VOOM Forum will lose it's appeal over time as more member become comfortable/welcome in other Forums, but until then we shouldn't give everyone the bums rush out the door. The VOOM Forum, it's members and it's moderators, have created a model Forum that others (to include HIGHTECHTV.NET) strive to emulate.

jimmykce1 said:
No! No! No!

I wasn't trying to get the VoOm forum shutdown. I was just suggesting putting post in the forum to should be in, but it looks like some people get so bent out of wack!! Maybe we need to rename this forum VoOm Programming Forum.

I do still come to this forum even though I did move to another provider. I am sorry if I have offended some of you, but didn't intend sound like I wanted this forum shut down by any means.

I did enjoy my VaVaVooming for a little over a year.

jimmykce1...

It sure sounds like you have some UN-warranted bashers in everything you post these days. I thought your renaming idea was a good one.
Hang in there! Hopefully they will leave before you do!

klen said:
I can appreciate your trying to move almost every remaining thread from the Voom forum to the Dishnetwork forum, but without the (related to voom) Dishnetwork threads here, what would be left of this forum? Would people just sit here and exchange messages about how their OTA looks on their Voom box? Would there be a raging debate about whether or not Voom will pick the boxes up? Would even more time be wasted on why Voom failed as a DBS provider? Would you discuss the picture quality of Voom's totally blank screen? Does the blank screen look better at 1080i or 720p?

Voom is now Dish. Anything about Dish can go here. It's not that big of a deal.
I have found some dish network forum posters to be rude and know it alls.People changing from voom to dish have some different situations than dish customers. A good example of that is the 61.5 degree dish fee. Some people get charged and others don't. Does E* own Voom or just almost? Under some conditions the vendor is required to provide hardware free. The best that I can figure is that if you can legally receive the network HD channel (CBS) or you locals are on 61.5, the dish is free, otherwis $100. As of last week Voom channels did not qualify. I think the reason is there are two birds at 61.5. The one with the Voom channels is not yet completely owned by E*. The other is owned by E* and has CBS HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts