any word on 4k launch?

There isn't a lot of 4K content yet. You can't convert a 1080P movie to 4K and call it 4K. That would cause all kinds of consternation....

As a new 4K tv owner, I wish Dish's VOD movie rentals would include 4K versions of current new movies. I do appreciate they have any 4K content, but it would be great if we could have current content.
As a wise consumer, I wait until there is actually content for a device before I buy it.

There is little 4K out there and I'm certainly not replacing my gorgeous blu-rays for slightly better 4K blu-rays!

As a wise consumer, I wait until there is actually content for a device before I buy it.

There is little 4K out there and I'm certainly not replacing my gorgeous blu-rays for slightly better 4K blu-rays!

As a wise consumer that's what I believe also,when my 1080p HDTV went out I found the new 2015 4K UHDTV's cheaper than my 1080p HDTV I bought before.

When my 1080p Blu ray player started having problems I found a 4K upscaling Blu ray player cheaper than my 1080p Blu ray player that I bought before.

So now I watch all my Dish 1080i signals being upscaled to almost 4K(It's a better picture than 1080p) and my 1080p Blu ray movies upscaled to 4K.:oldsmile2

As a wise consumer that's what I believe also,when my 1080p HDTV went out I found the new 2015 4K UHDTV's cheaper than my 1080p HDTV I bought before.

When my 1080p Blu ray player started having problems I found a 4K upscaling Blu ray player cheaper than my 1080p Blu ray player that I bought before.

So now I watch all my Dish 1080i signals being upscaled to almost 4K(It's a better picture than 1080p) and my 1080p Blu ray movies upscaled to 4K.:oldsmile2
Wise? You seem to be buying stuff that breaks easy.

Reactions: ChadT41
isnt is time for dish to add some 4k channels already or at least try to add the rest of our channels that actually have hd feeds added to our lineup it is almost to the end of 2016 and we should have the rest of our channels added in hd already cmon dish hey at least i want to be honest with you folks

isnt is time for dish to add some 4k channels already or at least try to add the rest of our channels that actually have hd feeds added to our lineup it is almost to the end of 2016 and we should have the rest of our channels added in hd already cmon dish
Since you pointed it out... it sure is Allen.

isnt is time for dish to add some 4k channels already

Once again, there are no 4K channels to add ( the only one out there is the self produced channel by DirecTV ).

When HD first started, TV manufacturers ( like Sony for example ) were sponsoring channels to switch from SD to HD so there was content to show off the new Televisions they were selling.

There is no sponsors this time because there is a lot of content in 4K, it is just on services like Netflix.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

Last edited:
well there is baseball in 4k, nasa has that 4k thingy, 4k hockey in canada, 4k sports in europe, formula 1 racing

so there is content out there they could broadcast

well there is baseball in 4k, nasa has that 4k thingy, 4k hockey in canada, 4k sports in europe, formula 1 racing

so there is content out there they could broadcast

He did not ask for content, he asked for channels-
isnt is time for dish to add some 4k channels already

If he wanted 4K content, he could buy a Roku Premiere or Ultra, tons of 4K programming from Netflix ( they have the most ), Amazon and Vudu.

But by basically blaming Dish for not carrying 4K channels when there are none is kinda ridiculous, specially since there are not even rumors about 4K channels coming soon.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

again, people always assume users with sat tv have broadband.

there is a reason many of us have sat, and that is lack of other options

Reactions: TheKrell
i heard too that after the qpsk channels were worked on dish should have enough bandwidth to add the rest of our channels in hd and start adding 4k channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)