Any word on locals being added to new markets?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

colt45allstar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
I'm not talking about adding hd versions of locals to existing markets, I'm talking about adding 'any' form of locals to the few remaining markets that don't have locals at all.

I always hear about hd locals being added to various markets and while I understand why that would be a priority, it would be nice if areas that lack locals at all would get them soom.

To be fair you don't hear about Dish Network adding new locals either, that too seem focused 'only' on adding hd versions to existing locals.... but their locals are already here in Joplin, Mo and the local channels are the only thing I miss since switching to DirecTV.

I love everything else about it and consider it superior to Dish overall, but the locals are a glaring admission all the same... I've got an AM21, but can't get a good signal on Fox and CBS regardless of how much I move and tweek the ota antenna. ABC and PBS both come in quite easily.

Then again I'm going to go through with a waiver request soon and that might solve the problem anyway, don't care if it's a distant feed.... as long as I get the stations. (would still be nice to hear that Direct is working on locals though.. and thus not having to deal with the waiver at all)

CW is going to be the interesting one for the waiver, don't see a likely problem with the others... but CW is designated a "cable only" station in this area and is owned by Cable One. Don't like the odds of a cable company agreeing to a waiver in order to help a Satellite company, especially since my roommate and his wife watch enough CW.... that we are now paying a digital cable bill every month for that one station. (yes I agree it's stupid to continue paying Cable one for one station... certainly not my choice)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)