Any Word When Pittsburgh Hd Go Live?

An installer told me all workorders here for HD need to have the 118.7 lnb. They are installing before it is actually needed -so they don't have to return at a later date. I tried to upgrade myself but the CSR said wait until the announcement and it will be free. $99 if I want to jump the gun. I'll wait.
Should be active late December was the word.:)

I tried to upgrade myself but the CSR said wait until the announcement and it will be free. $99 if I want to jump the gun. I'll wait.
Should be active late December was the word.
Why am I anticipating posts like "I can't get a 118.x LNB for three months yet my neighbor who just signed up got installed with one in less than a week !!". Reminds of the SuperDish "shortages" a few years back.

How do I know if I have what will be needed to view PGH locals? I have 2 dishes on the roof - the extra one was to get CBS HD - and since that was removed, is it just a glorified lightning rod now or can it be used for the new HD locals?

Sorry if this is a stupid question... im still tyring to get a handle on how all this stuff works...

Thanks!

Nate

How do I know if I have what will be needed to view PGH locals? I have 2 dishes on the roof - the extra one was to get CBS HD - and since that was removed, is it just a glorified lightning rod now or can it be used for the new HD locals?

Sorry if this is a stupid question... im still tyring to get a handle on how all this stuff works...

Thanks!

Nate

Actually Nate you need a new dish called Dish 500+ to get 118.

Thanks for the info. Is that Dish 500 / 1000 a free upgrade or swap from the extra dish I have or will it replace both? Not digging the idea of 3 dishes on the roof (my house sits low from the road and the dishes are basically at eye level when driving past).

You guys rock!

It will be free-If you wait until they turn them on. $99 if you want to jump on it now. I like the 61.5 for HD but if you want 1 dish you will have to go for HD at 129 slot.It is a weaker signal for sure.

Well from the E-mail I got I think there is a chance to see them before the end of the month. But for the rest of the 19-20 cities sounds like those will be added sometime 1st quarter of next year.

According to today's uplink report, the Pittsburgh HD Channels went live on 118.7:

6477 - WTAE - AMC-16 118.7W TP 15 ConUS beam changed to Available
6478 - KDKA - AMC-16 118.7W TP 15 ConUS beam changed to Available
6479 - WPXI - AMC-16 118.7W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Available
6480 - WPGH - AMC-16 118.7W TP 16 ConUS beam changed to Available

So what exactly does this mean as far as how we can get them? I guess I need to call Dish so they'll come out and install a different dish and LNB (the 500+ referenced in this thread)?

I already have three separate LNBs (61.5, 110, and 119). Each of these has a COAX running from the LNB to the switch inside my house. With the addition of a fourth LNB, does that mean I will need a fourth COAX? I ran two conduits, but with the three that are there along my fiber from FIOS, things are getting a little tight. There's a relatively narrow radius turn that makes things a little difficult to pull.

Oh well...I'll manage and be happy with HD Locals, but it seems rather silly that I have to go through this even though I just got my service installed 3 months ago. I would have thought they would have been smart enough to install the proper dish at that time.

Edit
Is this all I need to get the new channels?
http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=69&products_id=285

This implies that there is a single LNB for both 118.7 and 119. I assume this means just one COAX is required. If so, this would be easy.

Last edited:
Any Word When Pittsburgh HD Go live

I just scheduled a dish mover pkg to update by actual dish antenna to allow reception of the Pittsburgh,Pa. HD locals. The Dish Tech Rep advised that I would probably be updated to a Dish 500+ antenna.That's only changing out 1 of the LNBs. Were scheduled for Saturday.:hatsoff:

Congrats from Indiana

Congrats from Indiana you lucky stiffs! :hatsoff:

So lets see...2 out of 3? One more to go for 2006? Come on Dish! Don't forget the sticks!

watching jeopardy in hd, awesome! when the channels were uplinked a month ago, i took a chance and ordered a dish 1000+ and did a self install, could not have dish come and do the the install because i had to "move" in order to get the pittsburgh locals, which i did last night around 10:00, today the hd locals were turned on, quality is great, even better than the cbshd i had out of new york until they were shut off. pajer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)