Any XM specials

rogerpl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Northern Vt.
My sub is about to expire. Any good deals right now? I love sat radio but hard to justify full price as little as I drive right now.

Just wish they would offer it.

My sub is up and I called in, been with them since '08, full package and internet and the BOS cost me $ 117. each radio (3 in all) last year.

Now they want $ 198 for the main and $ 132. for each other radio.

Waited 15 minutes for a supervisor and hung up when they didn't answer.

Called back, got ahold of the "SAVE" dept. and they gave me the same deal as last year.
$117 per radio, that includes the normal programming, plus the Best Of Sirius and Internet/Smart Phone access.

So far I have not found a working APP for the Android Tablet, ironically, it works fine on the Smart Phone, but not on the Tablets running the same OS.

However, I wonder what happens if I get the online music from the website on the Tablet ?

Edit:
I am able to access the online site to listen, but much more of a hassle than having an app for it.
Also have to deal with the lame radio tuner they're using now, makes you go thru it each time you open from what I can tell so far.

Last edited:
Jimbo said:
Called back, got ahold of the "SAVE" dept. and they gave me the same deal as last year.
$117 per radio, that includes the normal programming, plus the Best Of Sirius and Internet/Smart Phone access.

So far I have not found a working APP for the Android Tablet, ironically, it works fine on the Smart Phone, but not on the Tablets running the same OS.

However, I wonder what happens if I get the online music from the website on the Tablet ?

Edit:
I am able to access the online site to listen, but much more of a hassle than having an app for it.
Also have to deal with the lame radio tuner they're using now, makes you go thru it each time you open from what I can tell so far.

:(:(:(
I guess I got a CSR that was having a bad day. I tried to get a deal like that and they wouldn't budge. She just kept saying the $198 was thebest she could do and how I was saving 50 or do bucks by doing the year instead of quarterly. Wonder if it was because I just had the 25/5 deal before? Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

:(:(:(
I guess I got a CSR that was having a bad day. I tried to get a deal like that and they wouldn't budge. She just kept saying the $198 was thebest she could do and how I was saving 50 or do bucks by doing the year instead of quarterly. Wonder if it was because I just had the 25/5 deal before? Oh well, at least I won't have to worry about until next year.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Most of the CSR's I have spoke with from there are not very helpful, always pushing new radios, if I needed a new radio I would call and ask them about them.

I also have a very hard time speaking with them as they sound like they have broken english, not sure where they are located, but I over all have not had much luck talking with the CSR's there.

Call back and ask for the SAVE dept, that may get you somewhere next time you need to get info.

Just called as my one year expires tomorrow, I was offered the one year for around 80 with the taxes so I took it

I just signed up again after not having Sirius for 5 years. I was able to activate a new radio for $76 plus taxes and fees for 1 year of XM-Select. $93 total.

I just canceled my sub. I couldn't get the 5 month $20 deal. They offered something like 6 months for $63 + taxes and fees. It just isn't worth it to me. I'll be using Pandora, Slacker, IHeart and RDio to see which I like best then pay for the premium sub on one or two of those.

Update---

I subscribed to Slacker and now I wonder why I didn't do this earlier. Sirius was great, but with Slacker I can choose what artist I want to listen to not just the genre. Skipping ahead, back, and pausing is also great. I remember I used to be able to pause and rewind with one of my old XM radios, I really missed that feature. I also love using my bluetooth headset while working outside, or sunning Slacker through any of the radios in the house or garage while working there.

I'm glad I made the change.

i cannot do that here. cell broadband is slow here not to mention coverage is spotty. no replacement for a good satellite signal.

not to mention wireless providers are capping data useage and throttling now

Just called to cancel as I was up for a renewal and got offered the 5 months for $25 deal. Declined that but then she offered a 2 month "reconsider" trial for 2 months free. Took her up on that one. Will call in 2 months and see where I'm at.

Just got A year of Sirius premiere with internet for $124. Basically $10 a month, that's worth it for me. The programming I enjoy Howard and Playboy, has been cut back immensely the past couple of years from the 5 days a week to 3 days a week. Big reason I will not pay what they charge for the full price.

My promotional rate was up so I purchased a new XM Snap at Walmart. Then I called to switch receivers and renew my programming. No dice on a good deal. They are charging me full price. :( I will try for a deal again in July or cut back my programming to the music only package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)