Anybody else have this trouble?

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
I have a 622 w/ software 4.44 & here lately it seems that every 2 weeks I have to do the check switch test to force a guide download. Anybody else run into this? It's becoming annoying.

Thanks,
Rob

Unless you are recording something every night that prevents the receiver from shutting off, You should not have to be forcing any guide downloads. If you are then my guess is that you are having receiver issues that need to be addressed by a replacement.

Unless you are recording something every night that prevents the receiver from shutting off, You should not have to be forcing any guide downloads. If you are then my guess is that you are having receiver issues that need to be addressed by a replacement.

Does the guide update every night? I think it's around 3am whenever it comes, right? I know my wife records some of her shows that repeat after midnight for the west coast so as to not interfere w/ watching tv in prime time, however, it is not every night. I can't remember what nights she does this, but I'll find out. It may be the night that the guide comes :(

Yes.. The guide sorta updates and checks things once a day.. The default is 3am in the mornings.. But you can change that default to a better time if you find yourself recording things during that time period. Mine is set to a time during the day when I am gone.

I record during the night also.

Wouldnt it be great of Dish added a line of code that let you get a guide update whenever you switched off? Maybe an option in the same menu where you now set the "regular" time.

I don't have any time that I can reliably say the DVR will be off. I sometimes find I'm down to three or four days left in the quide and have to stop everything and force a guide update so I can check my weekly timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)