anybody else having L442 software issues?

robert393

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
Vip 622
I lost HDMI & Component video output. Replaced reciever 2x. Have picture untill software update is done, then.........blank screen. I talked to *E tech-support two times. 1st person said they knew of the problem, 2nd person said she knew nothing about it, but would report it.

So.........no HD for me for now, having to watch via S-Vid

Does everbody else have L442? Anybody else having this porblem?

Robert

Vip 622
I lost HDMI & Component video output. Replaced reciever 2x. Have picture untill software update is done, then.........blank screen. I talked to *E tech-support two times. 1st person said they knew of the problem, 2nd person said she knew nothing about it, but would report it.

So.........no HD for me for now, having to watch via S-Vid

Does everbody else have L442? Anybody else having this porblem?

Robert

As far I know L442 is for 722 Vip only

both my 622's have L4.42
1. updated from 4.05 t0 4.41 then 4.42 the other night
2. updated from 4.09 to 4.42 shortly after the 15th
no problems here so far:cool:

I have it on my new 722 and the one thing I thought it was supposed to fix was the " To Activate external hard drive call 1-800 xxxxx " popup when you hit the manage device button. I still get that pop up occasionaly when I first try to use my external hard drive.

I have it on my new 722 and the one thing I thought it was supposed to fix was the " To Activate external hard drive call 1-800 xxxxx " popup when you hit the manage device button. I still get that pop up occasionaly when I first try to use my external hard drive.

my observation with the "To Activate external hard drive call 1-800 xxxxx " popup is that it pops only after a receiver reboot (at least on my 622 with 4.41), and i can cancel out of it and it 'wakes up' my HDD. i dont seem to get it, though, any other time i 'wake up' the HDD by accessing it.

at any rate, it is an extra press of the remote, but not an issue for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)